Chapter 5 (Fun With Cage arc)

Start from the beginning

Claire:"This is the last piece of shrapnel."

She then looked to the window and saw Spider-Boy standing in front of her. His head titled to the side as he watched the scene unfold with silence. Spider-Boy then heard Danielle speak.

Danielle:"Judas bullet."

Spider-Boy turned at the girl as she continued talking.

Danielle:"Uncle Danny jumped in front of a bullet to protect me from getting hurt."

She said as her eyes landed on her father, who was staring at her, now sitting up. Luke's arms were crossed, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the girl, dead silent. Danielle shook her head quickly and tried to protest what was coming.

Danielle:"Look, dad, I ca-"

Luke cut her off as he spoke, softly, hiz head hanging low.

Luke:"You're out."

Danielle's eyes widened as she tried to protest once again.

Danielle:"But dad I-"

Luke raised his hand, making Danielle stop. He then shook his head as he spoke.

Luke:"I don't want to hear it. Sending you out was a mistake."

Claire shook her head as she looked down, while Danielle on the other hand scoffed and spoke.

Danielle:"Maybe if you didn't refuse to teach me this wouldn't happen!"

Luke his his thigh and turned at his daughter, the anger in his eyes were visible as he spoke.

Luke:"None of this would have happened if you just listened to me!"

Danielle:"You told me I could!"

Danielle shot back, as loud as her father, making him speak.

Luke:"I said maybe! Do you know what maybe is!?"

Spider-Boy raised both his hands as he tried to break the fight.

Spider-Boy:"Guys, come on, let's not say something we'll regret!"

Danielle then spoke, her eyes full of anger, with a hint of disgust in her voice.

Danielle:"I wish you weren't my father."

She said. She then rushed to her room and slammed the door shut, leaving the living room in silence. Luke was looking at his daughter's door while Spider-Boy stayed silent, looking down. Claire caressed Luke's arm as she spoke.

Claire:"She doesn't mean it, Luke. She's just upset, that's all."

Luke turned at Claire before shaking his head. His head hung love as he spoke.

Luke:"I know her, she isn't."

Spider-Boy then slowly raised his head and spoke with a low voice.

Spider-Boy:"I'll go talk to her. You guys don't worry, she'll be okay."

He said as he walked towards the girl's room. Spider-Boy stopped when he heard Luke's voice.

Luke:"Spider-Boy!"

The hero slowly turned at him, making Luke speak with a small smile.

Luke:"Thank you."

Spider-Boy nodded and opened the door. He stepped into the room and closed the door. The first thing he saw was Danielle sitting on her bed.

Her head was in her hands as she was looking down, swearing at something. She raised her head and saw Spider-Boy who slowly pointed next to her.

Spider-Boy:"Uh, can I?"