Chapter 5 (Lantern arc)

Jack was hiding behind some bushes, his scythe laying on the ground as he waited for people to go trick or treating to the door. When he saw a group of kids walk towards the door, he peeked and saw the door open, revealing them...

His parents. It has been years since Jack last saw them, they were fighting about him when he left the house to trick or treat, only to not return back. Jack watched as the parents gave the kids candy, his mother holding a baby in his arms and his father put candies in the kid's bags. They then waved at the kids who walked away and closed the door.

Jack's attention turned to one of the windows, one he knew really well, one he knew how to climb up to. It was his old room's window. The memories started flooding his head, him escaping when his parents were fighting, to kill another animal... Blood, he wanted blood.

Jack slowly approached the said window, it was at the second floor of the house, the first floor being the ground floor. He saw craved areas, they looked like steps, he did those, using his own feet as measurements.

He slowly climbed to the window and peeked inside, seeing no one, he jumped in the room and started looking around. The once red walls were all blue, filled with white clouds on the top, and down there was green. Animals were poorly drawn on the green part.

Jack slowly pushed the door open, making sure to not make any noise. He then tiptoed to the stairs, when he was at the stairs, he peeked at the living room and saw no one, everyone was at the kitchen. He smirked and climbed down the said stairs, slowly getting closer to his first victims.

Hks feet touched the ground floor, making him smile as he walked to the kitchen, he pushed the door open, making his old parents look at the door. He then stepped inside their vision, making the mother scream and the father grab a nearby knife and showing it to the guy whom was his son, he had no idea, mainly because of the pumpkin Jack took from their garden to use as a mask.

Ryan:"Who the hell are you?!"

Jack waved at the little baby, making him giggle and wave back. Jack then turned his gaze back to his parents and spoke.

Jack:"Cute baby... Too bad you'll watch it die."

He took a step closer, making Ryan swing the knife in the air and Martha take a step back with the baby in her arms.

Ryan:"What the hell do you want? Money?!"

The man asked, making Jack chuckle, soon, that chuckle turned into a hysterical laugh. The laugh made the little baby laugh with him as the parents looked at the boy, scared.

Jack:"Money?! Who cares about your money?!"

He then slowly showed them the scythe, making Martha started breathing quickly, which didn't go unnoticed by Jack who pointed to the mother.

Jack:"Oh... Don't be scared, mom."

Both parents' eyes widened as they looked at Jack, who slowly took off the pumpkin, revealing his face to both of them.

Martha:"J-Jack..."

The mother was shocked, her son whom she thought was dead, he was standing in front of her, alive, with a big and dangerous weapon.

Jack:"Hello, mother."

Ryan stepped in front of Martha and the baby, showing his son the knife as he spoke.

Ryan:"Why are you here?!"

Jack looked at his father and smiled, he then showed him the scythe and spoke.