Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)

Start from the beginning

The race was nothing like Rain or Sky had ever seen in their home world. The public entertainment like concerts on their world were reserved for the extremely wealthy and were formal affairs. Rain stood slightly behind P'Phayu and P'Fah and pulled Sky close to his side. P'Phayu introduced them to the guards and to P'Chai the head of security for the race.

Rain was a little scared of P'Chai, he reminded him of one teacher he had at the academy growing up, the one that would never let Rain get away with anything no matter how cutely he tried.

Meeting P'Phayu's friends was much more fun. There was a clone pair, Rain wondered how common those were, one of them is very serious and the other one seems very silly. Rain likes them a lot. There is also P'Phayu's friend P'Pai who looks at Sky as if he wants to lick him. He uses the pick up lines Sky mentioned instead. Rain decides that Sky was right, those do seem very stupid. Sky spends most of the night huffing and rolling his eyes at these.

The races themselves seem okay, although Rain would rather ride behind P'Phayu on his bike than watch these strangers race. P'Pai seems good though, maybe he should take Sky on the back of his bike rather than relying on such stupid flirting methods.

That though brings Rain back to his own problem. Why won't P'Phayu lick him back? He is sure that P'Phayu likes him that way. They kiss often and he has seen the way the senior looks at him. So why?

Rain sits in the corner while P'Phayu is working on a bike and pulls out his phone looking up dating advice. P'Pai has talked Sky into coming and watching his race with P'Fah there to watch over him, but Rain hadn't felt like going this time.

Rain reads through the tips. He already smiles, and makes eye contact. Of course he touches P'Phayu as much as possible. He decides to try complimenting him. Rain clears his throat and says, "P'Phayu you are so good at bike fixing stuff."

P'Phayu just looks at him with a raised eyebrow. Rain tries again with show that you are interested in things they are into, "Do you enjoy it? It looks fun."

"Rain, come here," P'Phayu says. Rain hops up and goes over to where the man is working on the bike. "You want to know about bike fixing stuff?" Rain nods, he isn't sure if he cares about this stuff but he wants to know more about P'Phayu.

"When I am working on an engine, it's a little like meditating to me," Rain nods at this, he likes to meditate. "I am building or repairing something with my own two hands. It relieves stress and frees my mind to think."

"What do you like to think about?" Rain asks.

"Oh, all sorts of things. It gives me time to think about architectural projects for work, difficult customers, things I want to get accomplished, and most importantly," He pulls Rain close and kisses his neck making Rain giggle, "a certain cute boy."

"P'Phayu," Rain whines but he is still giggling as well.

"I'll be finished here soon, okay?" P'Phayu asks. Rain nods happily.

Two days after the race, Phayu comes home early and hears Rain on the phone.

"I don't know what else to try, Sky." Rain whines.

Sky says something, and Rain responds with, "I know that's not the custom here but P'Phayu is special. I really want him to lick me back before we mate. It just feels wrong without it."

Something else from Sky, Rain says, "Maybe you are right, it's not something I should expect from the people of this world, they are weird. Okay I will. Talk to you later."

Phayu stands frozen, is that why Rain was always pulling back from him when they made out? Phayu had thought that Rain just wasn't ready to take things further, he should have realized that it was the custom differences that was the problem. Rain has made all sorts of compromises for him, Phayu can figure out how to do this one thing.

After Rain goes to sleep that night, Phayu sends Sky a message asking for advice on the dating customs of their world and how to do them properly.

The next afternoon Saifah announces that he is staying with his girlfriend so Phayu decides it's a good time to put his new knowledge to work.

Rain is standing at the window watching the rainfall when Phayu comes up behind him and wraps his arms around him.

"What are you thinking about, good boy?" Phayu asks him.

"I think the rain is pretty. The way it falls." Rain says.

"I think the Rain is pretty as well," Phayu smiles at his play on words, he leans in and whispers, "look at me sweet boy. I have something important to say."

Rain turns and looks at Phayu. Phayu leans in and licks Rain on the cheek. "I licked nong back, now nong belongs to me." He says.

Rain's eyes go wide with surprise, "Really, Phi."

Phayu smiles at him, "Really."

Rain leans in, nips Phayu on the neck and says, "Tag, you are it." He pulls away giggling and makes a run for it.

Luckily Sky had clued Phayu in on this part of the ritual as well. He easily catches Rain and gives him a bite back saying, "I caught you." He then pulls a giggling Rain up the stairs to the bedroom.

Phayu smiles down at a sleeping Rain, and bends down to give him a kiss on the forehead. He is so glad this strange boy came into his life.