[DAY FOUR] Asleep Among Endives

PROMPTS: Bad Weather/ Ocean/ Music
PROMPTS USED: Bad Weather/ Music
SUMMARY: Tsukasa was never the best with thunderstorms. Thankfully, Rui is here to keep him safe.

————

The pitter- patter of the raindrops falling against the window was enough to lull Tsukasa to sleep.

It would've been, if it weren't for the occasional loud BOOM of thunder or the flashes of lighting from outside.

It was startling.

And though Tsukasa wouldn't ever want to admit it..

It was scary.

Tsukasa sat under the bedsheets, squeezing his eyes shut when thunder boomed outside once more. It was just like when he was a kid. And frankly, it was quite embarrassing and childish how Tsukasa never grew out of his fear of the dark and thunderstorms.

As a child, he wished his parents would be home to comfort him whenever it got scary. He wished they would be there to provide the safety and support he needed whenever it was too dark, whenever the lightning flashed in the sky and whenever the startling thunder was too loud.

And now, as a 17 year old teenager, Tsukasa still wishes for that comfort and safety that he never got. But he was too old for that now. He was going to be an adult soon. Tsukasa Tenma needed to get over this silly fear.

But as Saki was painting Ichika's nails all the way over at Honami's house, and his parents were still at work like always, Tsukasa couldn't. It was just like before. All those years ago as a kid, when Tsukasa would hide under the bedsheets as the thunder rattled the house.

But in the end, Tsukasa Tenma is still a kid. And he wanted the warmth of someone, anyone, to help him get over this stupid, stupid fear of something so little.

He wanted the warmth of his parents. But they weren't available.

ding!

Tsukasa poked his head out of the covers, snatching his phone from the nightstand and quickly hiding back underneath.

There was a notification from Rui.

————

RUI 💜💜 sent an image
look the silly boy is almost done :)

————

Tsukasa looked at the photo. It was a little star lamp- like the dino one Nene had but it was a star. He remembered Rui saying that he would make one for him because "why not?".

Tsukasa flinched, almost dropping his phone on his face when thunder shook the house once more. He held up his phone once more with shaking hands, looking at Rui's text.

Rui was awake.

Maybe, maybe he could come over..

Tsukasa shook his head. No.

It was selfish.

He shouldn't. He can't do that to Rui. It was the middle of the night, and it was raining! He couldn't just ask Rui to come over because he was feeling scared..

But despite Tsukasa desperately telling himself not to, he gave in and texted Rui.

RUI 💜💜
11:39 PM

[RUI 💜💜 sent an image]
look the silly boy is almost done :)
read 11:40 PM

woah
Hi Tsukasa
I didn't expect you to be awake at this time