𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄

It's been about a week since Wyatt last talked to me, which was when we had our argument in public. I've tried texting and calling everyday since then, but it keeps falling to empty ears. He sees my texts but just doesn't answer, and that's one of the many things breaking our relationship. At this point, I don't know what we are. Our 1 year anniversary is in 2 weeks, and I don't think we're going to make it. With everything that led up to the argument, especially paparazzi catching all of it, I want to bring myself to end it but, I can't. I haven't even gone to my apartment, which we share, so instead I've been staying with Kiana. 

"Okay, everyone ready?" Ryan Coogler, the director, shouted out to us. 

His voice snaps me out of my thoughts, bringing me back to focus on the filming. We are currently filming in the tank for this portion of the film. Giving a thumbs up, I take a breath, and dive to my spot. While I've done this before on this set, this time is different, while diving I immediately I get reminded of when I filmed Avatar. A wave of nostalgia comes over me, I make a mental note to text them later to check up on them, as I haven't talked to any of them in a good while. 

"Action" Coogler says through the sound system, it's all muffled but I was able to understand. 

We spend at least a 4 hours in the tank, trying to do as many underwater scenes as possible. After a while, we decided to head out for the day, as we're all tired. Mostly drying myself, I start walking to my trailer with Mabel, since her trailer is next to mine. 

"What happened after we left the restaurant?" Mabel asks once we're outside of the building. 

This question being brought up a week after the dinner was random, but nonetheless it caught me off guard. I was expecting it to be brought up at some point, but just not in this way. 

"Oh...uh...we just kind of argued and the paparazzi saw all of it, I think" I say truthfully after hesitating. 

I thought the paparazzi would've published the pictures they took by now, but I guess they haven't yet. With the pictures not out, this takes some relief off my shoulders, but at the same time, it adds to the already heavy weight I carry. 

"How bad was it?" She asks after a moment of processing. I debate on whether or not I should tell her about Wyatt almost slapping me. 

"Um...not too bad" I answer, deciding to leave out the last part that happened that night. 

"Be honest Addie" She says right after me, almost like she knew I was hiding a part. 

"I am...mostly" I say giving a light laugh to try and lighten up the mood. But I give in and tell her the last part, "He might have almost slapped me?" 

"Señor dame fuerza para no cazar a este hombre" She mutters, looking up to the sky as if talking to God directly. "Have you at least talked it out with him since?" 
Translation: Lord give me the strength to not hurt this man

"Cálmate hermana, but kind of. Like I tried texting him everyday since, but he doesn't answer and I know he sees it too, so yeah, I don't know" I answer all in one breath. Although Mabel isn't actually my sister, I look up to her like one, so I'm fine with telling her everything. 
Translation: Calm down sister

She doesn't say anything after that, just looking at me with a certain look that I've seen too many times during Wyatt and I's relationship, the you should break up with him look. By this point, we're nearing our trailers so we just walk in silence. I don't often like silence like this because most of the times it means that I'll lose myself in my thoughts, which is exactly what happens. 

'I should break up with him'

'No I can't, we got this far already'

'But it doesn't matter the time, it's how he treated us during it, which is terrible'

'And we can fix it'

'Not if he'll keep acting like this'

This inner debate continues as I say bye to Mabel and walk into my trailer. I head straight to the couch and throw myself on it and staying like that for a while. The thoughts did have good points but I'm just torn on what to do. I'm pulled away from my thoughts when my phone starts buzzing with notifications and a call, from Filip.

Otto

Accept                Decline

I press Accept and I'm met with a concerned Filip.

"Addie! Are you okay? Tell me everything that happened. I'll kill him if you want me to" 

"Otto, what. What are you talking about? Who are we killing?"

"The article? Your boyfriend? Have you not seen it?" 

"Filip, what article? Is it trending?"

"Yeah, the one where paparazzi caught your boyfriend almost slapping you?"

"Oh...it's out?"

I scroll through some of the messages that people sent to me regarding this article, but one caught my eye. It was Bailey's message.

Bae-ly

addie call me when you can

ADELINE ALVAREZ AND WYATT LAINE...

"Opal? You there?"

"Yeah sorry, Bailey gave me the link to the article. I'm reading it right now"

ADELINE ALVAREZ AND WYATT LAINE IN SUSPECTED ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP

Actress Adeline Alvarez caught outside a restaurant with boyfriend, Wyatt Laine. According to spectators, many say that Alvarez arrived with fellow Wakanda Forever cast members but as they were leaving, they were stopped by Laine. When left alone, the two immediately started arguing, there were bits of the conversation caught. Near the end of the argument, Laine can be seen raising his hand to supposedly slap Alvarez before a flash from the nearby paparazzi goes off. After the flash, he does not hit her, only touches her lightly before getting in his car and going off. Alvarez was last seen this night walking to a nearby cafe, waiting for her best friend Kiana to pick her up.

"Shit bro"

"You good?"

"Obviously not"

"Well...what are you going to do? And if anything you're always welcome at my house"

"I have no idea. I'm just hoping Wyatt doesn't see this, otherwise he's- I don't know what he'll do. But thank you, might have to take that offer soon"

"Like I said earlier, I will kill him"

"No don't bother, he's not worth it. But anyways, I have to go, Bailey wants to call me, sorry. I'll talk later"

"Yeah of course, tell her I said hi"

I end our call and quickly pack my backpack that I bring to work, and start walking to my car. As soon as I'm in my car, I get a call. The caller wasn't Bailey, it was Wyatt. 

"Adeline, what the fuck" 

☆☆☆

AHHHH hi guys 👋 this is crazy I posted within 2 weeks I'm so proud of myself. anyways my friend help with this again, everyone say thanks. ILY BBG 😝 anyways this was a long one but I like it for once so ya. i wrote most of this on my laptop so if fhe formatting is shit thats why and its beinf a bitch to fox so i gave up anyways... OKAY HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF YOUR DAY/NIGHT WHEREVER YOU ARE ILY

💞

published: 21 July 2023