Law abiding citizens

En başından başla

“Thanks for the water. Eugh, my head feels like shit...” she groaned while rummaging through her pack, pulling the towel she owned before standing up.

“Well, you drank almost 2 and a half liters of whiskey, whaddya expect?”

He turned just in time to see that Granger had draped the towel on her upper body, covering anything to see that might have him shot right there and there.

“You're right, gotta tone it down a notch when we're in the road.” Granger huffed and grabbed the spare clothing in her bag.

“I'll take a bath. We'll head out for Vault city before noon.” She was back to her usual self already, giving out orders as if she wasn't a heap of wasted mess last night.

It was one of the many things Lasso admired about her, he thought, as he shook his head once her figure was out the door.

...

..

.

///

±/|\Ω/|\Π/|\Ω/|\±
(Don't forget to leave a vote!)

Their plan to head for Vault city immediately after breakfast was thwarted when a squad of NCR military police greeted them outside the Scrap house. Armed with the iconic armalite service rifle, these were the guys that patrolled the settlements and cities, keeping law and order every waking moment.

Granger was the first to notice their presence when she spotted the conspicuous wide brimmed helmet with white stripes outside the window. By their stance, they've been there for quite some time since some of them were having a cigar while lazily standing around.

When the two of them decided to go outside, one of the soldiers noticed them. He was tanned and had was built like a soldier, which gave him a more commanding aura around him. He dropped the cigarette in his hand before walking towards them.

He held out a hand to stop them, causing both of them to do so. Lasso gave her a gentle nudge with his elbow and gestured to the badge decorating the man's shoulder pauldron.

‘Well, he must be the leader of then.’

“Excuse me, citizens, but I'll need to see your identification papers please.” The NCR sergeant demanded with a firm tone. He kept a hand in the service pistol in his hip while also maintaining a good distance away from them.

There was suspicion in his eyes, or it was probably that he was keen on making two rugged looking individuals pay for whatever crimes they've committed. It was also as if he's telling them to do something stupid, which will give him a reason to gun them down.

But that won't happen.

Granger glanced at Lasso and a closed smirk appears in her lips, mouthing the words‘I got this’, before taking something from her pocket. She noticed that the other troopers were standing idly near the squad leader, so she slowly walked towards the man with her identification papers in hand.

“One of the barkeeps’ radioed in last night, kept talking 'bout two suspicious lookin' individual. You'se might be who he's blabbering about.” the sergeant chuckled and eyed the paper.

The trooper seem to skim over it at first, but then took the papers in his hand and began reading it intently. He stood there silently for a while, before double taking on the tall woman and her partner.

He massaged his chin as his eyes darted back and forth between Granger and Lasso. He did not expect something this perplexing in his normal patrolling day.