Chapter 60: Let Him

Brenna

Thunderous applause erupted within the room from everyone as they offered their congratulations.

"Speaking of the Blood Moon, I encourage all of you to make preparations for the event now." Adan let out a deep breath as he addressed the Pack, his smile fading. "I'd hate to see something happen to one of the women in the Pack because adequate preparations weren't made."

Everyone knew full well that during the Blood Moon, all of the members of the Pack would be in heat, wild and uncontrolled.

A grumble of agreement resonated throughout the room.

"What about yesterday's attack?" one of the warriors asked, rising to his feet. "Are we going to launch a counterattack?"

"That's what Brenna, Mason, and I have to discuss."

A loud grumble erupted within the room.

Adan held up his hands, and silence fell over the room. "As the new Pack Luna and future Queen, Brenna is now one of my advisors. Together, we will come up with a plan."

Words of agreement spread throughout the room, and Adan held up his hands again, bringing everyone to silence. "Brenna will be our Queen before the Blood Moon. Now, go back to your lunch."

Applause erupted again, and some people passed by our table and offered their congratulations.

"Well, it looks as if you're a hit!" Adan smiled, leaning in close.

"I hope so." It was nice to be accepted so completely by the Pack. I just wondered how long it would take for Hailey to accept me, if ever. But I wasn't going to back down, and it was clear that neither was she. But since Adan had spoken with her, she had left us alone... so far. But I knew it was far from over. I wasn't going to go looking for a fight, but then again, I wasn't going to back down from one, either.

"Let's eat." Adan took a sip of his coffee. "After we're finished, I want to meet with you both in my office."

"So, will I have an office, too?" I asked, half joking.

Adan chuckled. "Well, actually, you will. It's the office next to mine." He arched an eyebrow, looking more than sexy. "It has an adjoining door, too."

I laughed, giving him a playful slap on the arm, knowing we'd have to lock the doors when we wanted privacy. Suddenly, images of him taking me on his desk flashed through my mind.

"What?" An innocent look appeared in his eyes. "I only meant that it would be convenient... for business."

"Uh-huh." I laughed, not buying it. "Okay, now you're only making it worse."

"Okay, okay!" Mason rose to his feet. "I hope you two aren't going to be like this all the time now."

Adan raised one shoulder. "Hey, you were the one who wanted me to find a Mate. Remember?" He quickly turned to me and winked.

"Yeah, yeah." Mason scooped his plate off the table. "I'll see you both in just a few minutes." He headed toward the door, threw his trash away, slid his empty plate into the window on the right, and walked out.

"Is he going to be okay with this?" A crease formed between my eyes, concerned as I watched him leave.

"With us?"

I nodded.

"Yes, of course," he replied, a smile lighting his lips. "It's just going to take him a while to get used to seeing us together."

"Well, we'll have to watch our public displays of affection around him then." I let out a deep breath. "I don't want to make him sick just being around us."

"Don't worry." Adan grazed his lips across my ear. "We can always lock the door."

I laughed, pulling away. "Let's eat. We have a lot of work to do today. I don't want to wait too long for the counterattack."

He arched an eyebrow. "That will be for me to decide."

"Yes, of course." I took a sip of my orange juice and swallowed. "But we can't launch a typical counterattack. They'll be expecting that."

Adan nodded, his expression suddenly serious. "Okay, but Mason should be privy to this conversation." Adan took a bite of his sandwich, chewed, and swallowed. "So, when are you going to see Magenta about our wedding plans?"

"Today." I gave him my sexiest smile. "I can't wait until you're mine."

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Keep talking like that, and I'll get Magenta to marry us today."

"Soon." I took a bite of my French toast. "But we need to plan the counterattack first."

"And so we shall, but we also have to plan our wedding." He took a sip of his orange juice, arching an eyebrow. "You'll need to make that your first priority."

I smiled, leaning in close. "It already is."

When we finished our lunch, we deposited our plates in the window and headed toward Mason's office. Halfway down the hallway, Adan pulled me to a stop and pushed me against the wall. Then his lips crushed mine as passion overtook us both, causing my heart to pound. He pulled back a moment later, leaving me breathless.

"Keep that up, and I may have to marry you now," I breathed, smiling against his lips.

One corner of his lips curled into a sexy grin as he motioned with his head toward a door on the left. "Let's go."

Halfway down the hallway, Adan stopped before the second to the last door to the left and knocked. Evidently, it was Mason's office.

"Come in!" Mason's voice rang out from the other side.

"We'll wait for you in my office," Adan announced instead. Then he placed his hand on the small of my back, led me across the hallway, and opened a door. "This is my office." He flicked on the light, and a huge wooden desk took center stage near a set of sliding glass doors that covered the entire wall, along with windows above, giving him a clear view of the courtyard, the practice field, and the front gate from anywhere in the room. To the right was an oval table with chairs and another conversation group to the left. He opened a door on the left. "And this is your office."

I walked in and turned on the light. It was a small office with nearly the same configuration as Adan's, complete with the sliding glass door and windows filling the wall, just like in Adan's office. I opened it and walked out onto the courtyard. With this view, nothing could escape our notice.

"Are we ready?" Mason's voice resonated from Adan's office.

"I love it." I wrapped my arms around Adan's waist, ignoring Mason. "Thank you."

He smiled, obviously pleased by my reaction, as he gently stroked my cheek. "Mason's here. Let's go."

I chuckled. "He'll have a heart attack if he catches us making out."

Adan shrugged. "Let him."

***

A/N: So, what do you think of this story so far? Leave an emoji and let me know. :-)