House Of The Dragons: Rhaenyras Daughter Part 1

"What are you doing?"

Aemond lets out a high pitched scream and spins around his eyes wide.

Aemma take down the hood of her black cloak to reveal her white hair and gives him an amused smile, her purple eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Don't do that." Aemond mock scowls, his shoulders relaxing as he engulfs the older girl in a hug.

"What are you doing out at this time?" Aemma repeat, pulling back to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Just exploring." Aemond shrugs faux nonchalantly.

Aemma hums.

"What?" Aemon asks defensively, taking a step back.

"And it has nothing to do with the now unclaimed Queen of dragons on the other side of the Island?" Aemma asks knowingly.

Aemond shrugs and looks away sheepishly.

Aemma sighs and uses a finger to turn his head back to her.

"I know you want a dragon. But claiming a dragon on the night of the riders funeral is extremely dishonourable and you're entire claiming will be viewed with shame rather than pride."

"I just wanted to prove them wrong." Aemond says quietly, looking vulnerable.

"I know, but wait until Rhaena has tried to claim Vahgar, as is her right and if she remains unclaimed we will get permission to go. There is a dragon out there for you, you just have to be patient. Okay?" Aemma reassures him, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Aemond sighs before giving a reluctant nod.

"You coming?" Aemma calls over her shoulder causing Aemond to scamper after her.

They walk side by side in a companionable silence.

"Where are we going?" He asks after it becomes clear there not going back to the castle.

"I believe I offered you a ride when I get home?" She asks rhetorically, as they crest the hill to see a large black dragon with bright green eyes rise to its feet and stretch its wings at the sight of his rider.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was awesome!" Aemond gushes as they walk through the castle, "He's so big, you wouldn't believe he could fly so fast!"

Aemma laughs and goes to reply.

"Hey!" A young feminine voice yells, as they turn the corner.

"Aemma!" Lucerys and Jacerys yell and race to their older sister, wrapping their arms around her.

"Where did you go?"

"Did you see any pirates?"

"When did you get back?"

"Did you go see Cregan?"

"Did you bring me anything back?"

"Can we go flying tomorrow?"

"I learned a new sword move!"

"I missed you!"

"You're not allowed to leave for so long ever again!"

Aemma with practised ease easily keeps up with their rabble, letting out a chuckle at their last command.

"You stole my mothers dragon!"

"She was meant to be mine to claim!"

Two young girls with a dark complexion and white curly hair screamed, by the formers statement Aemma can only assume that one was Rhaena.