006, 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

She didn't even think to see who had called her because she was so focused on Duke.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry girl! My mind was wrapped up in something else." She apologized to Kaylee while she started going through her luggage looking for one of her notebooks.

She currently had the phone pressed between her ear and shoulder so she could use both of her hands to dig through her suitcases. She couldn't remember exactly which bag she put her music notebooks inside of.

"Okay I forgive you as long as you take me out to lunch today." Kaylee said back to her

Sadé knew she could tell Kaylee about the date with Duke she had later on but she didn't know if she wanted to.

It wasn't because she didn't trust her or that she thought she would tell anybody but she just wanted to be selfish. She wanted Duke all to herself for now, so she decided just to tell a little white lie.

"Oh girl, I gotta go to this Atlanta studio today with my manager. But I'm still here tomorrow, if you wanna spend the day with me?" She finally replied back to her praying she couldn't hear the lie she was telling.

"Ugh okay I guess boo, but anyways let me finally tell you why I was calling last night..." Kaylee began her rant about what her boyfriend had said to her last night that made her "38 hot" in the words of Kaylee.

While listening to her friend's rant, a knock rang through Sadés' hotel room. She knew it was the room service so she went to grab some cash from her wallet before answering the door.

By the time Sadé tipped the hotel employee and got her food layed out on the table, Kaylee had finally finished her story.

Sade didn't particularly pay too much attention to what Kaylee was ranting about because she was 7 months pregnant so she knew even the simplest stuff had a tendency to piss Kaylee off. And it seemed ever since she had gotten pregnant everything her boyfriend did made her angry.

"Wait, so you're mad at him because the store was closed so he couldn't get the Candy you wanted?" Sadé asked her while starting to eat her pancakes that were topped with strawberries.

"Omg you don't listen either!" Sadé knew Kaylee was rolling her eyes at her, "Bye!" She then heard the dial tone coming from her phone.

Sadé couldn't help but laugh and shake her head at her friend. She knew not to take anything personal right now. And she also knew Kaylee would be calling her and apologizing soon.

By this time she had finished her breakfast and finished cleaning up her dishes.

After, she had gotten a message from her manager. This immediately reminded her she needed to find her notebook she had forgotten about when she got distracted by Kaylee and breakfast.

After finally finding one of her writing notebooks, she began to try and start a new song. Sadé liked to write all her own music, she took heavy inspiration from her life and her personal relationships. Sometimes she would make up a plot and then write from a character's perspective.

But lately she had been just writing purely from her life's perspective. She knew her next album was going to be one of her best.

She had her notebook open to a clean page and her pencil ready, but it seemed inspiration wasn't hitting her. She hated having writer's block, it always made her so angry.