Chapter 2: In the Land of Waves

(3rd POV)

The time when Naruto disappeared from his village - Konohagakure, Kaori was searching for him as she got a word from Minato. She was always assigned to a team to protect Naruto from angry mobs during October 10, which is Naruto's birthday and a fox hunt.

While she kept searching for him from place to place, she had arrived at the Forest of Death. She also found Naruto's tracks in the dirt and summoned her summoning dog nin: Pakkun.

"Why do you summon me, Kaori? Is there anything I could help you?" Pakkun asked her.

"Pakkun, I want you to search Naruto and we have to save him from those angry mobs!! We need to move, I don't have much time." Kaori said to him.

Pakkun himself can feel that Kaori is very serious about the situation when it comes to Naruto. Within a second, he decided to follow Naruto's tracks and both of them went to his location to track their precious "knucklehead" boy.

In a short time as they arrived, Pakkun smelled something unusual scent, but as he continued on smelling it, he froze in his spot. His instinct was telling him to turn around and leave immediately. In other words, he was a prey for the unknown predator.

"Kaori, I can't do it anymore. There is something else on straight ahead and it is too dangerous for me to go through. I'm very sorry, I must leave here immediately." Pakkun said with a puff of a smoke making Kaori worried for her safety and Naruto's life.

Though Kaori continue on her way to the location, and when she got there, she somehow step an unusual liquid.

"What the hell is-" Kaori said when she's looking down, she was surprise and frighten about what she saw: a massive bloodstained and separated pieces of the villager's and ninja's corpses were spotted on the ground. She wanted to throw up but decided not due to her experience as a shinobi.

"Just who and what does the person killed them and did he/she kidnap Naruto?" Kaori said looking around it, surely she can see the smoke on the tree branch which no doubt a Fire jutsu user did this to them. She doesn't know if the Kumo, Kiri and Iwa found out that Naruto was Minato's son and they take him as an act of revenge.

"This can't be happening right? (Look somewhere else) I need to find Naruto! He can't be this far, did he?!" Kaori said until Minato and his Anbu arrived which they are shocked or frighten at the scene. Some Anbus began to puke themselves at the corner after smelling the stench and seeing a gruesome death of the victims.

Some were murmuring that Naruto killed them and some were thinking that their enemies heard from the rumors that Naruto is Minato's son and they decided to take him as an act of revenge on what Yondaime did to them since 3rd Shinobi war.

"Oh Kami! Anbus! Search Naruto everywhere in the forest of death or around the borders of Konoha! Now!!" Minato orders his Anbus before they disappeared in flash accepting his orders.

When Minato was about to tell his student, Kaori shunshins away from him and went somewhere around the borders to find Naruto and bring him back to the village.

[Location: Outside the borders of Konohagakure; Near in Land of Waves]

As the two kids ventured into the Land of Waves, Ulrika led the way, with Naruto walking beside her. Though Ulrika had read about the Dark Jutsu scroll given by Hagoromo and had mastered it one by one, knowing that she would need it to defend both Naruto and herself from their enemies.

It took two hours and five minutes to walk from Konoha. When the boat driver spotted them, the boat driver asked them.

"Hey kids, what are you doing here, this night time?" Boat Driver asked them but when Naruto was about to answer, Ulrika answered the boat driver first.