The Stream Contract - 1 (Ep. 14)

(Dokja's POV)

The episode started with Bihyung's chaotic laughter ringing throughout the entire room. With the screen still black and room lights dimmed, the effect was pretty dramatic.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!! YOU'RE CRAZY!!" Bihyung roared. "You must be out of your mind! I should have known it when you rejected all the offers from the constellations."

"To be honest, Dokja-yah," Sooyoung said softly. "Even if you've finished that damn book, you should know how much more helpful it would have been to have a sponsor."

I smiled. "True, but like you've said. I've finished that damn book, so I knew a few extra things."

"Now don't you sound cocky?"

"Says you."

"I don't know how you know about the Star Stream, but I can't accept your offer. I'm a dokkaebi, not a constellation, so I can't be your supporting constellation."

"I think you've misunderstood," Dokja said. "I never asked you to sponsor me."

"Huh?"

"You're lucky I waited to hear this part out, Kim Dokja." Yoo Junghyeok growled, his voice low. "If you read so much about me, then you know about my hatred for the system that trapped me." I looked forward at the screen. "It's true that I knew about your hate, but I also knew how powerful you were. And If I wanted to see the ending I wanted, I needed to have a few cheats."

"What do you mean? You said that you weren't-" "Please let my other self finish Junghyeok-ah, and I'm sorry if what I do next will upset you."

"It's not your power I'm after, but your channel." Dokja continued explaining his prompt to the floating dokkaebi. "My channel?" Biyhung asked, confused. "Let me break it down for you. I want to enter into an exclusive contract with your channel."

"Wait, are you saying that you want to enter into a [Stream Contract} with me?"

"Yes."

A card flashed on the screen, letting everyone in the room not familiar with the concept learn exactly what it is. The whole time, I felt Yoo Junghyeok's glare on my back. "If I make you this angry, why choose to sit next to me?" I sighed internally.

"So it's basically like splitting the stream profit?" Sangah asked. I nodded. "Yah Dokja-ssi," Huiwon smirked. "Just how much money have you made off of it by now." I ignored her. "I'm sure if we watch long enough, your question will be answered."