want a piece?

zap

       Your hand recoiled, your nerves frazzled by the voltage, feeling like static for a moment, numbing. You looked back and forth between him and his false pack of gum as you held your hand in your other, flexing the feeling back into your fingers. This mischievous grin spread on his lips as he snickered at you. You had definitely just fallen for a prank of his. Your face slowly heated to a warm blush as you realized your foolishness. All the while, his snickering grew into laughter, obviously finding the moment to be hilarious while you felt ridiculous.

“Too good” he said between his laughs. 

       You stood in embarrassed silence, lightly rubbing your hand before you gave a nervous laugh.

“Yeah, heh, good one” you said as his laughter died down; however, his cheeky smile remained.

“Honestly, that was too easy. Haven't you ever heard ‘don't take candy from a stranger,” he teasingly mocked “I would have liked to see some suspicion.”

“Well, I thought you were just trying to be nice,” you defended “You were chewing on some; I just thought-”

“Wrong flavor” he interrupted with a correction.

       You blinked a few times as softly he blew the smell of cinnamon into your face while he showed off the yellow pack of gum pack in the palm of his hand.

“I chew on red hots, not juicy fruits, too sweet. I like something that bites back” he explained before shuffling through his pocket, pulling out the little red signature package.

       You swapped glances between him and the gum packs. Yeah, you walked into that one.

He hummed. “Mmm, Just be glad it wasn't one of the squirting ones” he said, nodding off to the back corner of the store with a smirk.

      You stood there momentarily, glancing between him and the back corner of the store, lit up with all its glorious items.

“Was that meant to be a pun?” you questioned, only receiving a half-shrug and a smile in response before he turned on his heels, rounding a display case disappearing around the corner.

       Chuckling to yourself, you followed him, watching from behind as he stuffed the gum packs into his back pocket as if nothing happened. He looked over his shoulder at you, smiling to see you following before turning around to circle one of the clothes racks, stopping just out of your way. With enough height, he leaned over it with ease, resting his arms over the platform to hold his chin in his hands while you were left to stand on the opposite end, looking up at him with a pursed smile. Maybe this was a little amusing. He gave a hum tilting his head to the side as he looked down at you.