Flashbacks Chapter #10

Start from the beginning

"Balinor Peverell," Euphemia recites, "last male descendant of the Peverell line. Excellent choice. You call your father and tell him Lydia dear."

The scene switches, and Lydia Potter is seen getting ready for her date. "What am I going to do Pads?" she whines to Sirius, "I'm going to end up messing this up.."

"Seems itty bitty Lydia is nervous," Lyetta jumps on the admission, "how time flies. Why I remember when you were just a wee li-"

"Zip it," Lydia hissed, "or I'll tell Uncle Newt what happened to his favorite niffler."

"Shutting up," Lyetta paled, and shut up.

"You've been pining since second year," Sirius said dully, "and been rejected over one hundred times. You think you're going to mess this up? If anyone is going to mess it up, its Fenwick. And if he does, I'll be there to hex the living daylights out of him."

"I'm suddenly terrified," Benjy said. Lydia still hadn't returned to sitting next to him, so he was in extreme vicinity to Lydia's overprotective family members.

"You shouldn't be," Lydia tells him, "you marry me in the future. Clearly it goes well."

"I agree with Sirius," Peter hands her a hair tie, "and I'm sure Remus will have a creative spell or two. So don't worry."

"Thanks Pete," Lydia smiles, and leaves the room.

"Oi Fenwick," Lydia calls as she reaches the Hogsmeade gates, "I'm here."

"Good to see you," Benjy smiled, "where should we head first?"

"I'd like to go to Stitches and Draughts," Lydia smiled.

"Where's that?" Benjy asks curiously.

"Near Tomes and Scrolls," Sirius answers, "Lydia and I frequent those two shops. We get a lot of good material."

"Stitches and what?" Benjy asks.

"They sell random things," Lydia explains, "And always have leftover materials for me to use. In fact, Sirius and I get our gunpowder from there."

"I'm not sure whether I should be frightened by that information," Benjy professes.

"We use it in our fireworks," Lydia explains as they walk, "and also in our special portable fires."

"Portable fires?" Benjy questions curiously, "I've never heard of those."

"Way to keep a secret Lyds," Sirius scolded, "falling in love clearly loosens your tongue."

"Sorry Siri," Lydia unleashes her puppy dog eyes, "forgiven?"

"Always," Sirius sighs.

"Oops," Lydia covers her mouth, "I should not have told you that. Siri's going to be so sad. Oh well, cat's out of the bag. They're little containers that have forever burning fire in them. We use them during the winter."

"Then why the gunpowder?" Benjy asks.

"In case of emergencies," Lydia shrugs, "it, alongside other stuff, causes the fire to make a huge, extremely hard to put out explosion."

"I'm starting to develop a real fear of you and Sirius," the seventh year shudders, "you two are quite a pair."

"He's my older brother," Lydia's voice is soft and fond, "there's nothing he wouldn't do for me, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him in return."

"Awwww," Sirius cooed, "come get some love Lyds." Sirius walks over to Lydia, and drags her into a huge hug. He then kidnaps her, and brings her back to him and Monty.