🩵Prologue🩵

"May all cats old enough to swim gather underneath the willow tree for a Clan meeting!" Waterstar yowled.

Splashpaw and Streampaw bounded eagerly towards the willow tree. Their siblings - Fluffpaw and Pufferpaw - were excited too. This was it, their warrior ceremony.

Splashpaw looked for her mentor, Firepool. The ginger tom looked fragile as if he was planning on retiring.

"Redwhisker, is Streampaw ready to become a warrior?" Waterstar questioned.

"She is," Redwhisker replied.

"Firepool, is Splashpaw ready to become a warrior?"

Firepool dipped his head. "She is,"

"Aquastorm, is Fluffpaw ready to become a warrior?"

"He is. He's trained hard."

Waterstar nodded and glanced at Seabreeze.

"Is Pufferpaw ready to become a warrior?"

Seabreeze stared into the leader's eyes. "I couldn't be prouder."

Waterstar sighed and spoke. "I, Waterstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn."

"Streampaw, Splashpaw, Fluffpaw, and Pufferpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

All four apprentices spoke loud and clear. "I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Streampaw, from this moment on you will be known as Streamfrost. StarClan honors your courage and intelligence, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. Splashpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Splashflight. StarClan honors your energy and determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. Fluffpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Fluffheart. StarClan honors your compassion and spirit, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. Pufferpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Puffertail. StarClan honors your skill in battle and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan."

"Streamfrost! Splashflight! Fluffheart! Puffertail!" the Clan cheered.

"These warriors shall guard our camp while we sleep tonight. But first, we shall feast on the prey Greenleaf brought us."

"But before we do that, three warriors have something to say," Waterstar added.

Aquastorm, Saptail, and Firepool came forward.

"We would like to retire. We have served our Clan for many moons." Saptail meowed.

Waterstar nodded in understanding. "Is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?" he asked.

All three senior warriors nodded. "It is."

"Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given to us. I call upon my warrior ancestors to give you many moons of rest." Waterstar finished.

"Saptail! Aquastorm! Firepool!" the Clan cheered.

The three retired warriors headed towards the elders den, which has been empty since Sunpelt and Mosswhisker died of old age a few moons ago.

As Waterstar ended the Clan meeting, Streamfrost sighed. She was ready to start the life of a warrior.