Chapter 7: Attack on Xyrus Part 2

Start from the beginning

Caught off guard, Theodore landed less than elegantly on his back before squirming to his knees as he had trouble putting weight on his crippled hands.

Again, Draneeve blinked in a sudden flash of speed and squatted down facing Theodore. "Why don't you fight me now?" A sinister smirk curved on the red-haired man's face.

With a desperate yell, Theodore jumped up, bringing his leg down,executing a heel kick towards Draneeve's shoulder.

BOOM!

As the platform splintered and a cloud of dust formed, it was obvious that Theodore imbued enough mana into his leg to crumble a building.

There were a few cheers from the students as we all waited for the cloud to clear. I too hoped that the attack was enough to be cheering like that, but I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

A howl of pain amidst the cloud of debris rendered the cheers moot as we now waited silently. As the dust cleared, we could see now what had happened, but none of us could believe it. It wasn't a secret to everyone here that Theodore was a deviant, capable of using mana to manipulate gravity.

Just from the fact that the stone platform shattered like glass. we knew that Theodore didn't hold back during his attack just now, but what we saw was Theodore's leg still sitting on top of Draneeve's shoulder from where it landed. Except Draneeve was fine while Theodore's leg was snapped cleanly in half.

________________________________

"See?! I told you!" Adam yelled and then Helen covered his mouth with her hand, her mouth gaping.

"Thats so cruel." Angela said, and the other Twin Horns nodded.

Adam pried Helen's hand from his mouth and yelled, "His fault! He was the one who challanged him like a total idiot! He was asking for i—"

He was stopped by Helen once again, and Theodore was staring daggers at Adam.

___________________________________

We all stood there with our mouths gaping. Even the professors were baffled by the clear difference between the two. Theodore's attack would've even made the professors do everything that they could to dodge the attack, yet this mysterious man here took it head on.

"Come on! The Great Draneeve isn't hiding. Let's fight!" The smirk never left his face as he kicked Theodore away like rag doll.

"I'm fighting you like you wanted, right? What's wrong?" Draneeve tilted his head again in mock confusion as he continued to beat Theodore into a stupor. His face wasn't even recognizable as it was pummeled to a bloody and broken mess. The rest of us couldn't even do anything... only watch as our fellow schoolmate was tortured.

"....cker," Theodore managed to croak before vomiting out blood.

"Hmm? What was that?" Draneeve landed another solid kick to his side, a loud crack of a broken bone accompanying it.

Lifting his battered head, Theodore looked straight up into his assailant's eyes with a look of pure hatred and disdain before he spat the blood congealed in his mouth at Draneeve's foot.

I could see veins popping on Draneeve's forehead but he simply took a deep breath as he ran his fingers through his red hair, looking down at the bloody mess Theodore now was like a squashed insect.

________________________________

"Stupid lessers. Always picking fights they can't win." Windsom spoke as he stared at the screen.