10 | old ladies are bitches

Start from the beginning

"To the list, it's your turn." Meredith adds, and George looks offended.

"You know, tampons." Maddison says. "The white cotton thingy that goes up you va-"

"I am a man!" George yells. "I don't buy girl products! I don't want you walking in while I'm in the shower, and I don't want to see you in your underwear."

"It doesn't bother me, ok? Look at me in my underwear, George." Izzie tells him, while Maddison and Meredith walk in front of them. "Take your time. It's no big deal."

"YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON they see in the morning." Bailey tells the interns, walking in the locker room, as the interns put on their scrubs. "You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up." Alex enters late and Bailey give him a glare. "You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell you're attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there. I want pre-rounds done be 5:30 am."

"I'd better get good patients today." Meredith says. "Yesterday I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every 15 minutes."

"At least your patient didn't tell you to marry before your pretty face runs it's course." Maddison rolls her eyes. "Old ladies are bitches."

"I'm gonna be in surgery." Cristina replies. "Today's my day."

"On what?" Meredith asks.

"Like I'd tell you." Cristina scoffs.

"What do you know?" Meredith asks.

"I know that I was here at 4:00 and you both didn't get here till 4:30." Cristina tells them.

"Tell me." Meredith demands.

"Yeah, come on." Maddison nods.

"No. I'm not the intern who's screwing an attending." Cristina tells Meredith.

"I am not screw-" Meredith trails off.

"Hey, don't talk to Mer like that." Maddison defends.

"Thank you, Maddy." Meredith nods.

"She screwed an attending." Meredith gives her an offended looks as Cristina shuts her locker and walks away. "Hey, I'm not sleeping with any authority figure, at least tell me!"

Cristina doesn't reply.

"HEY." Meredith greets Maddison, walking beside her. "Why do you look pissed off?"

"Uh, I hate him." Maddison groans.

"Who?" Meredith's eyebrows furrow.

"McStunning." Maddison answers. "He's just so annoying and infuriating."

"You're not explaining what he did." Meredith tells her.

"He breaths." Maddison says.

"There need to be some rules." George tells Maddison and Meredith, joining them.

"So, what, we can walk around in our underwear on alternate Tuesdays, or you could see bras but not panties?" Maddison asks.

"Or are you talking Amish rules? Because if you think you're gonna get Izzie to cover herself-" Meredith adds.

"The amount of flesh exposed is not the point." George cuts her off. "You have to do something. It's your house."

"It's my mother's house." Meredith shakes her head.

"Meredith-" George tries to say.

"Do you like Izzie?" Meredith asks. "Is that what this is about? Do you have a crush on Izzie?"

"Izzie? No. I don't like Izzie. Izzie- no." George shutters, and Maddison hides a laugh. "She's not the one I'm attracted to."

"Not the one. So, there's a one." Meredith teases.

"This is not-" George cuts off and Meredith looks clueless and Maddison amused. "Look, there just have to be some rules."

He walks away.

"What's up with him?" Meredith questions.

Maddison shakes her head, and fixes Meredith's hair.

"At least you're pretty." Maddison tells her.

MADDISON WALKS INTO THE GALLERY of the OR where the big surgery was going to be held, expecting it to be empty because she was very early.

She stops in her tracks, as she sees someone was already sitting inside.

"Dr. Sloan." Liam greets, looking up from his charts.

"Dr. William." She replies. "I- uh. I'll come back-"

"No, no, sit." He tells her. "I don't mind. People are probably going to be here in some time anyway."

"Yeah.." She takes a seat, almost at the other end.

There was this awkward tension between them, which made Maddison uncomfortable. She usually was one to thrive in awkward tensions, but she was very aware of just how attractive Liam was.

"So..." She trails off.

"You don't have to fill the silence." Liam tells her, not looking up from his charts, making Maddison slump in her seat.