1.01 Nerd Brother

1.01 Nerd Brother

Daniel sighed as he entered his Barry's office, "What are you doing, geeky brother?"

"There was a shooting today," his brother, Barry stood at his computer, "Joe is making me analyze the data."

Iris walked in, "Okay I'm ready to see this Particle Accelerator."

Daniel groaned, "Oh no, you are dragging poor Iris to this nerd thing."

"Hey, Danny leave him alone," she shoved Daniel in the shoulder.

Daniel rolled his eyes in response, "I never leave him alone, it's my job."

"Well who is the older brother here?" Barry asked as he still faced his computer.

Daniel rolled his eyes, "Only by ten seconds. You never let me forget. But the good thing is about being the younger brother is annoying the older brother."

Barry responded back at his brother with the same motion as Iris broke that silence, "Come on, Barry lets go see the Accelerator."

"He can't, your father is making him analyze data of a shooting," Daniel explained as Barry walked up to his whiteboard and planted a sticky note on a map of the city.

Barry went back to his computer as Iris spoke, "But Barry, seeing this thing turn on is your dream."

Daniel and Iris walked over to Barry's desk as Daniel talked, "His sad, little nerd dream."

Iris rolled her eyes as she took a fry from Barry's fries bag, "Hey, I canceled a date for this."

Daniel leaned towards to get a fry but it was too late.

Barry took the bag before Daniel could grab one.

"Hands off my fries!" He yelled.

Barry walked to another desk, looking at papers as his brother and Iris followed him.

Iris shrugged, "I'm stressed eating, they started selling biscuits at Jitters today and I ate two."

Daniel laughed as she continued, "I'm going to more muffin top than woman."

"You look amazing," Barry smiled.

Iris rolled her eyes as she looked at a magazine about the Particle Accelerator. Daniel noticed Barry's face. He meant what he said. Daniel knew that he had a crush on Iris. It was obvious to everyone expect Iris, herself. Barry moved to a table with another laptop on it.

"What is the big deal about the Particle Accelerator?" Iris asked.

"Harrison Wells work in quantum theory is light years away ahead of anything that they are doing," Barry answered.

Daniel rolled his eyes, "You aren't speaking English, Barry."

Barry went to his clear, white board, grabbed a black marker and pressed his marker on it to create a dot, "Pretend that dot is everything the human race has ever learned till this moment."

"Does that include twerking?" Iris questioned.

He drew a circle, bordering the dot, "That is everything we can learn from the Accelerator, we can learn so much more about-"

Daniel interrupted, "No offense, Barr but I really don't care."

Barry was about to continue but Iris laid her hand on his shoulder, "You got to get yourself a girlfriend."

Barry sighed as a voice entered in, "Hey leave him alone, he is working."

"Hey Joe," Daniel waved.

Iris smiled, "Hi dad."

A beep from the computer broke the silence.

"Okay well I'm going to go," Daniel walked backwards out of Barry's office, "To escape the nerdness also my shift at Jitters starts soon."

Daniel arrived to the same spot, hours later. He had got a call from Iris that Barry got a bloody nose due to trying to save Iris's bag from a criminal. The criminal was caught by the new detective, Eddie Thawne.

"Bye Felicity," Barry stood with his phone to his ear.

Daniel smirked as Barry put down the phone, "Who is this Felicity?"

"I met her in Starling City on a case," Barry answered.

Daniel bit his lip, "Is she cute?"

"I don't know," he shrugged and turned on his computer.

The news flashed on with a woman standing there in the pouring rain, "Hello, we are live outside S.T.A.R Labs despite the weather which is only going to get worse."

She continued to talk more but Daniel focused on Barry. Barry took out a piece of paper and revealed under his map of the city, this huge collage. It was everything about their mother's murder and how their dad was arrested.

"You are still trying to find out?" Daniel analyzed the board.

He nodded, "What about you?"

"I just start to believe that I just imagined it," Daniel replied.

Barry sighed, "Yes, a red flash carrying us out of the murder scene is imaginable."

"I haven't figured it out yet why imagination made that happen, but it was totally my imagination," Daniel rambled on.

"We are being told evacuate, the storm may have caused a malfunction in the Accelerator. Offcials are now trying to shut the Particle Accelerator but are unable to gain recontrol of the system," the lady said before the lights go out and Barry and Daniel were left in the darkness.

"Well this is great," Daniel moaned.

Barry looked over his computer to see an explosion coming from S.T.A.R Labs. He walked to his chains to make the ceiling. Daniel followed and helped him. Barry stopped for a moment to see all his liquids were in the air. Daniel remember that from the night their mom was murdered, the fish tank water levitating. Barry and his brother looked up to see the lightning shot through the glass, shocking both of them. They both fell back but they didn't feel anything because they were already knocked out.