9

Five long and agonizing months had passed since the tragic car accident that had claimed the lives of Taehyung and Jiha, and the pain of that fateful night still hung heavy in the air. Y/n, once full of life and laughter, had become a mere shadow of her former self. The trauma she had endured had left her trapped in a world of silence and darkness.

The room she occupied had transformed into a quiet sanctuary of despair. It was a place where time stood still, and the only sounds that echoed within were the soft whispers of her family, the occasional hum of medical equipment, and the haunting silence of Y/n's unspoken grief.

Her once vibrant eyes, which had sparkled with love and joy, were now vacant, devoid of emotion. They held the weight of unbearable loss, a pain so profound it had shattered her spirit. Her baby bump had grown more prominent, a poignant reminder of the life that had been lost and the life yet to come.

Y/n's mother, who had been a pillar of strength throughout this ordeal, often found herself succumbing to tears of helplessness. She would sit by her daughter's side, holding her hand and whispering words of comfort, even though she knew Y/n couldn't hear her. Her heart ached as she watched Y/n's once vibrant spirit slowly wither away.

Yoongi, had taken on the role of the steadfast protector. He had seen his sister at her best, and now, he faced the painful reality of her at her worst. His days were spent tending to her needs, ensuring she was fed and cared for, and his nights were filled with worry and exhaustion.

One evening, as he sat by Y/n's side, he spoke softly, his voice filled with love and desperation. "Y/n," he began, his eyes welling up with tears, "I miss you so much. I miss your laughter, your jokes, and the way you used to brighten up a room. It's so hard to see you like this, sis. Please, come back to us."

He reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face, his touch tender and filled with longing. "You have a little one on the way," he continued, his voice cracking with emotion. "A niece or nephew who needs you. Please, Y/n, find your way back to us. We can't bear to lose you too."

Y/n's unresponsive form remained unchanged, her eyes fixed on some distant point that only she could see. The room seemed to hold its breath, as if waiting for a miracle that might never come.

Days turned into weeks, and the routine remained the same. Nurse and doctor visits became a daily ritual, their assessments offering little hope for Y/n's recovery. They spoke in hushed tones, discussing the complexity of her case and the challenges of bringing her back from the depths of her trauma.

[ Time skip ]

Y/n's mother, her face etched with worry lines that had deepened over the months, entered the room one afternoon to find it eerily empty. Panic seized her heart as she scanned the room, realizing that her daughter was nowhere in sight.

Frantically, she rushed to the en-suite bathroom, her footsteps echoing loudly in the quiet space. Her breath caught in her throat as she swung the door open, only to be met with emptiness once again. Y/n was not there.

Terror gripped her heart as she screamed out for Yoongi, her voice trembling with fear and desperation. "Yoongi! Yoongi, come quickly!" Her cries echoed through the house, carrying with them the raw anguish of a mother's worst nightmare.

Yoongi, who had been in the adjacent room, rushed in with alarm etched across his face. His sister's history of running away during her moments of distress had become a painful routine, but this time, her condition was far worse. He could sense the growing desperation in their mother's eyes as she explained the situation.

"Mom, it's okay. We'll find her," he reassured her, though his own voice quivered with concern. He knew that Y/n's mental state had deteriorated significantly, and every time she ran, it was as if she was trying to escape her own anguish.