Backstory + The Star-Spangled Man

Start from the beginning

...
On the plane ride back to the states Bucky and Sam have a discussion while Summer lays down hands behind her head.

Sam breaks the silence, "You all right?" he asks Buck.

"Let's take the shield. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

Summer stays silent.

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it."

"Well..." Summer interrupts. 

Sam gives her a stern look. 

She puts her hands up in a don't shoot position."Kidding. Kidding." 

Sam rolls his eyes. "Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?"

"Maybe." Buck replies reluctantly.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded enemy of the state, and Steve and I were on the run for two years.
I don't know about you, but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing."

"Not entirely true...There is someone that you should meet."

Bucky takes Sam to see Isaiah but Summer has somewhere else to be. However, she gets a phone call from Sam informing her that Bucky has been arrested for missing his court-mandated therapy session.
Summer and Sam are sitting in the waiting area when Buck's therapist, Dr. Raynor, walks up.

"Sam. Summer. I've heard a lot about the two of you."
Sam and Summer exchange a look.
"I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist."

"Nice to meet you." Summer replies and shakes her hand.
"Thanks for getting him out" Sam adds.
"That was not me."

"Christina! it's great to see you again." Walker approaches them.

"You gotta be kidding me. You know him?" Sam mutters

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?"

"Um..." Walker says gesturing to himself. "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. So, just do whatever you got to do with him,then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too." He points between Sam and Summer. "I'll be outside."

Bucky enters the room with two policemen behind him.

"James, condition of your release, session now. That includes you two. Let's go."
Sam and Summer immediately start mumbling excuses.
"That's okay. I'll be out here with..."
"Yeah, not my thing. I got a somewhere.."

"That wasn't a request." Dr. Raynor says as she walks away.
The three of them stand there awkwardly looking at each other for a moment before following her.

...

The three of them sit across from Dr. Raynor.

Sam: This is ridiculous.

Sum: Yeah.

Buck: I agree.

R: See? Making progress already. So, who wants to go first? No volunteers?Wow.
How surprising.
Okay.
We're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together.
Are you familiar with the miracle question?

Buck: Absolutely not.
Summer: The what?
Sam: Of course.

R: Okay, it goes like this.
Suppose that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs.
When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?