#16 | brothers fight

merry christmas and happy new year :333 decided to update as a (late) christmas present!! don't forget to vote in return <3

tysm to my #1 pookie for proofreading c_blry

probably 8/9 more chaps bc i wna wrap this book up. this concept was too open-ended for my lazy ass who hates planning, but at the very least i'll do some justice with my bllk street racer au, sae book, and my jjk high school au.

look out for the next update: nagi movie release! >0<

after having reconciled with rin, y/n could fully enjoy her time on the cruise as she waited to arrive at their next location

after having reconciled with rin, y/n could fully enjoy her time on the cruise as she waited to arrive at their next location. she found herself most excited by the idea of exploring the uncharted territory of the beach terrain (as were shidou and bachira), a level in which finding a spot on the sand and avoiding peckish seagulls were all she needed to fret about.

the (h/c)nette was currently with rin, and as mind-blowing as it seemed, her slowly recovering injury warranted it. in the midst of an aimless conversation, her phone chimed noisily with a notification. "who's that?" rin snuck a glance at her, his teal hues lingering on her phone the longest.

y/n shrugged and clicked on the message. "oh, it's nobody, just your brother."

rin cocked a brow in bemusement. "my brother? why would he be texting you of all people?"

"wow, ok. you're acting as if you're not hanging out with me voluntarily right now!" y/n whined petulantly. rin's words would come off as impertinent and ill-mannered to anyone else—it was no wonder the other boys were so deterred from speaking to the aforementioned—but in the short time spent together, y/n had adapted and learned not to take his sharp words, whether they be intentional or not, to heart. rin, in turn, enjoyed the light banter that developed from this dynamic.

"are you forgetting your injury?" he pointed a finger at her ankle. "you should be grateful. I'm helping you out of the kindness of my heart."

"you made me buy you dinner, but ok, casanova," her response was kept short, a contrast to her usual bratty retorts—something that rin hated to admit he'd grown fond of. "you're busy later, right, rin?"

"yes... why?" 'did she want to hang out?' and all of a sudden, he was awaiting her response eagerly, his breaths caught in his throat in anticipation of her fated answer.

however, rin was left unsatisfied; the answer he had received didn't help to quell his curiosity, nor dispel the ominous tone—that he was probably just reading into—beneath her words in the slightest. "ah, no reason." she smiled at him affirmatively before going back to tapping away on her phone.

'what kind of answer was that? now, I'm curious!' he huffed a string of unintelligible murmurs under his breath, almost being caught in the action when the preoccupied girl asked him why he was lagging behind. he'd stiffened like a block of ice but recovered expeditiously to speed up.