Chapter 11: The Plan & Inoculation

Anakin stood in the center of the council chambers.

Thankfully all members were present now.

"Skywalker, there is something important to discuss?" Oppo questioned as he looked at the former Jedi.

"Yes master Rancisis." He nodded before beginning.

"Barriss had the tumor analyzed, though it revealed it wasn't a tumor, but an inhibitor chip."

"Inhibitor chip?" Yoda inquired.

"Yes, essentially a chip implanted into someone, which can control their actions. She uncovered a list hidden within, containing at least 150 contingency orders."

The council was concerned by this.

"For what?" Ki-Adi asked, genuinely lost as to why such things had been within the clone trooper's head.

"Well, I believe that, with the help of Fives, AZI, master Ti, and Barriss, I've uncovered a plot to destroy the Jedi. As one of the orders, order 66, entailed the entire clone army to turn against the Jedi should they ever act against the Senate, and execute them all."

...

You could drop a pen and the silence would still be deafening.

Most members, save Yoda, Mace, Oppo, and Coleman KCAJ, had gone pale.

"So this is the clone army's true purpose, to destroy the Jedi when we least anticipate? Our closest allies, secretly our biggest enemies, though unknowingly and unintentionally? I expected as such."

Anakin was surprised, did master Rancisis already foresee this? Wouldn't be surprising, it was clear the Thisspiasian Jedi master was indeed very wise and powerful in the force.

Perhaps he'd seen what others haven't.

"I contacted captain Rex, and the 501st are getting inoculated at the barracks as we speak."

Mace nodded.

He spoke, it pertaining to the earlier matter.

"I agree with Skyw-Anakin. For a while I could sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The dark side of the force surrounds the Chancellor." He stated.

Yoda looked at him, humming in thought.

"If he doesn't give up his emergency powers by the time the war ends, then we must remove him from office." Agen suggested.

"Impossible. The Jedi council would have to be close to the Senate in order to secure a more peaceful transition." Mace replied with a frown.

"To a dark place this line of thought will carry us."

Yoda hummed again.

"Great care, we must take."

Anakin grinned.

"Well masters, I don't intend on waiting that long."

Master Rancisis surprisingly sided with Anakin on this.

"Order 66 could be issued at any moment, waiting wouldn't be ideal."

"Agreed." Master KCAJ said.

Plo, Shaak Ti, Elizabeth, Mace, and Ki-Adi nodded in silent agreement.

Yoda looked to Anakin.

"Your plan, what is?"

Anakin smirked.

"Trust me, you're gonna love it."

.
.
.

Rex had been livid when general Skywalker told him that earlier.

About the fact he was engineered to kill his general, not to serve him, permanently.

Rex sighed as he spoke into a comlink.

The voice of his boyfriend, Saw Gerrera, on the other line.

They'd been...sort of boyfriends, since Onderon, Saw would usually come here to visit in secret, though they were caught by Etain once, and she blackmailed them.

So Rex had given her access to the entirety of the 501st barracks, and she kept it to herself.

Etain and her blackmail.

Anyway...

"That sounds...like a lot of screwed up...osik, is that how you say it? How are you dealing with it?"

"No, no I'm fine, just angry that I was going to be used as a weapon against my generals."

Saw sighed.

"In that case, what are you gonna do? And, this is coming from me of all people, don't do something stupid."

Rex heard Steela cackling like a madwoman at that in the background but tuned that out.

"Well I have to help commander Tano get the whole battalion inoculated before that evil shriveled sarlaac faced bastard puts his plan to work."

Saw laughed wildly at that analogy.

"Man, I miss being there to experience that fiery attitude in person."

Rex rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'll see if I can get a break and come visit after this is done, screw the paperwork. I'm sick of not being able to see you."

"Okay. Just...be careful, alright? And I love you." Saw said, voice uncharacteristically calm.

"It's gonna be fine, alright? Love you too, see you soon, and I do mean soon." Rex replied reassuringly.

The comlink beeped as he ended the call, then sighed as he turned around to see Ahsoka.

"You know it's rude to eavesdrop."

Ahsoka shrugged.

"I know, I just wanted to hear you be cute with your boyfriend."

Rex blushed a bit and tried to look angry, but he knew he was failing miserably.

"I...he...he is not my boyfriend!"

Ahsoka raised a brow.

"Oh? So friends say 'I love you' that affectionately?"

Rex just blushed further and rubbed the back of his head.

"Erm..."

Ahsoka chuckled.

"Relax Rex, I think you two are adorable. Besides I already knew."

"Probably from eavesdropping."

Ahsoka shook her head.

"Nope, let's just say I have my sources."

Rex stopped blushing and went serious.

"That's not why you're here."

She turned serious as well.

"Unfortunately no. Anakin has a plan laid out with the Jedi council and they agreed by majority vote."

"Majority?" Rex inquired.

Ahsoka shrugged.

"So master Kolar was against it, not that it mattered, everyone else overruled him easily."

Rex nodded.

Then he looked at her with a questioning look.

"And the plan?"

If he knew anything, oh, it would be chaotic, that was a Skywalker guarantee.

Ahsoka made a 'pfft' sound.

"Oh trust me, you'll hear about it, really soon."