Part 18 The Mansion.

Start from the beginning

"So, girls night out huh?" Tyler asks Enid who's still uncomfortable about the lies.

"I could ask the same about you. A date with Wednesday, you gotta be over the moon to get that." A long awkward silence follow after.

(Y/N) was lying on his sofa, playing with a rubik cube in hands. But his eyes were facing upwards the ceiling before Wednesday appears in his view staring down at him.

"Why am I not surprised." (Y/N) let's out a sigh sitting up.

"Have you checked on the mayor?"

"This afternoon. Currently relying on life support." (Y/N) says dejectedly.

"It could've been you." Wednesday says.

"Correction. It should have been. What do you want now? Making sure I join him?"

"That's for another time. I suggest we check out the Gates mansion now. Might have some connections." Wednesday awaiting his response.

"Let me guess, if something happened, you're gonna left me by myself again. What do you mean lose some weight? It's a freaking SUV and I'm not fat." (Y/N) says staring at Wednesday.

"I'm leaving in five minutes." Wednesday says. (Y/N) quickly rush to his room to change. Wednesday smile at his rough antics. 'Like taking candy from a baby.' She thought to herself.

After he's done changing, both (Y/N) and Wednesday enter Tyler's car.

"Hey T. Guess you decided to join after all." (Y/N) turn his head back looking at Enid who's smiling at him.

"What's with the scarfs thing?" He asks looking back and forth between Wednesday and Enid.

"Don't ask." Wednesday replied.

"Wasn't asking you. Enid?" Wednesday gives him a glare.

"It's my birthday gift for Wednesday. We match. Just like two best friends. But I have to say a necklace, that's a bold move (Y/N)." (Y/N) just shrugged.

"Woah. What necklace?" Tyler asks looking at (Y/N).

"Just drive." Wednesday is losing her patience with the chit chat.

"You heard your highness. Let's go." (Y/N) says looking at Tyler. He hits the gas making their way towards the gate mansion.

"I heard about that accident with the mayor. That was rough man. I mean you managed to survive but...."

"You sounded like you wanted me dead." (Y/N) cuts Tyler off giving him a weird look.

"Uhhh...."

"I'm just messing with you man. Ease up." (Y/N) lightly punch his shoulder.

"How did you two know each other anyway?" Enid asks the boys in the front seats.

"He found me passed out in the woods that day. Dude's been stalking me ever since. He even sneaks into my house a few times actually." (Y/N) answer Enid's question.

"I'm surprised you didn't tried to kill him like you did Harry back in Nevermore." Wednesday says and Enid's eyes gone wide looking at (Y/N).

"You tried to kill your roommate?" Tyler glance at his friend beside him.

"So Ajax is telling the truth? First Wednesday now you. I'm surrounded by a couple of murdering attemptees." Enid is astonished by the revelation.

"And now everybody knows that I failed to get the job done. Thanks a lot Wendy." (Y/N)'s statement caught everyone by surprise.

"Call me that again and I'll make you join the mayor at the hospital tonight." Wednesday is ready to strangle him from behind.

(Y/N) just chuckled while Enid could clearly sees that the nickname offended her roommate. The rest of the journey is quiet but not peaceful.

The group reached the mansion after some times. All of them get off the car with Wednesday wasting no time approaching the gate to unlock it.

"I didn't sign up for this." Tyler protest.

"Ditto." Enid too.

(Y/N) scoffed while walking past both of them reaching Wednesday's side.

"You guys can go then. I prefer to come here than some dinner and party for my birthday." Wednesday managed to unlock the chains.

"Or maybe if you told them the truth from the start, they wouldn't complain much. Considered it making up for not the best birthday present." (Y/N) says gaining Wednesday's attention.

"And ruined the surprise? Unlikely. Besides, other than you, I don't think anyone else is demented enough to actually follow me here." (Y/N) just laughed while a small smile appeared on Wednesday's face.

The four of them proceed inside the place. Wednesday, Tyler and Enid go to the garage whilst (Y/N) go the other side.

Tyler suggested that they leave because the door to the garage wouldn't budge until Enid managed to opened it with ease. Tyler looks at the girl confused.

"What? It's a werewolf thing."

Inside they found a car covered with a large dusty cloth. Wednesday pull the cloth away revealing it to be the blue Cadillac that hits the mayor.

"This is the car." She turned around realising that they're missing one member. "Where's (Y/N)?" Both Tyler and Enid looked at each other before they look at Wednesday.

"Can't believe he bailed without me." Enid whimpers.

*THUD!!!

Suddenly the inside door of the garage was kicked open. Enid immediately jumps behind Tyler's back taking cover.

(Y/N) showed himself from the entrance. The three looked at him speechless.

"What? The windows opened."

"Can't you just open the door the normal way? You're gonna give me a heart attack and I'm only sixteen." Enid begins ranting at (Y/N) who just chuckled.

The four then made their way inside the house. Wednesday managed to discover a secret altar dedicated to Joseph Crackstone with his painting in the center.

"Blood will rain." She read out the sentence written on the wall besides the painting.

"When I rise." (Y/N) feels that his head is starting to ache after he finishes the sentence. He gently rubbed the side of his forehead. Wednesday takes notice of his behavior.

"What's wrong?"

"Headache. Like that screaming again but closer." He looks up at the painting again. His eyes lock on to Joseph Crackstones painting for a moment. It's like he's pulled closer to it.

"Tyler. You guys check the ground floor. Me and Enid will go upstairs." She makes her way up the stairs immediately followed by the wimpy Enid.

"There goes your girl." (Y/N) took a sit at some dusty old chair still rubbing his head.

"So what's the deal with you and Wednesday anyway? The first time you two met, you're at each other's throat. Now you're buddy buddy not to mention giving her a new name." Tyler asks (Y/N).

"I don't know, the same interest maybe." (Y/N) looks up to his friend who's standing in front of him. His eyes are serious.

"My dad warned me about her you know. Maybe you should keep your distance." (Y/N) gets up from his seat looking at Tyler straight in the eyes.

A moment of silence before (Y/N) broke eyes contact with him.

"Keep telling yourself that Romeo. Your dad warned me about staying away from you too. And yet here we are." (Y/N) walked away to the kitchen.

He was fumbling the cabinet and drawers, not even sure what he was doing. Until he heard footsteps approaching his way.

"T?" He leaves the kitchen area only to be greeted by the monster in the hallway.

"Oh shit."

Part 18 is here. Thanks for reading. I also wrote this by phone. The next part will be by my laptop. 😆😆