CHAPTER 13

Three days before 141's departure in Armonia

These past few days, the weather has been amazing. It was sunny but not hot, and the soft breeze made you chill. The flowers have finally bloomed. The trees are full of green leaves. The birds were finally here, and they were warbling. The whole scenery screamed spring.

I was sitting on a bench at the base, looking around while I smoked a cigarette. A bad habit from when I was a teenager. I know it's bad, but I don't smoke all the time. Maybe a pack a month.

My work phone rang. I looked at the number while I let out a puff. It was American. So I picked it up.

"Lieutenant Makri." A well-known female voice came from the other end, and I smirked to myself.

"Ahh, Station Chief Laswell..." I started, and the playfulness could be heard in my voice. "Calling me at my work number. This must be serious."

"It is, Lily." Call me by my codename, Touché Katie. "141 is coming to Armonia in three days. You'll need their help with Valeria."

"What do they know, Laswell?"

"Price is the only one that is fully informed. Keep it that way."

"Yes ma'am."

Present day

"They are coming back. They got her." I heard a faint voice telling me. It was soft and caring. It felt like home.

"What the hell is going on?" I said to myself with a slight panic. Okay, calm down, Elisavet. Panicking won't do you any good. What's the last thing you remember in that mind of yours?

My internal voice is right. As always. What's the last thing I remember? Good question... Anger. There is a lot of anger. Ahmed tried to rape me, and I killed him. The least I could do to this bastard I was also hurt. Yeah, a bullet wound. Lower the abdomen to the right.

That's good. What else do you remember, Elisavet? Alejandro watched me as I was lashing out at Ahmed. He was terrified by me. Simon then came. He walked closer to me. When I was in his arms, he said that I was okay now.

After that, it's all blurred out. I can feel that Price was talking to me, but right now I can't remember what he said to me.

My eyes started opening. I closed them immediately as the light blinded me. I groaned softly. A cracking sound came from my left.

"Ellie?" same voice as earlier. "Elisavet, are you alright, sweetie?" There's only one person who calls me that. Kate.

I blinked for a few seconds, trying to adjust to the bright light. "Katie..." I gave her a weak smile. My voice sounded...raspy? "How long was I out?"

"Three days."

"What?!" I exclaimed as much as I could as I tried to sit up on the bed where I was lying. The pain from my lower abdomen stopped me, and I laid back down as I groaned once again. But louder now.

"Easy there, Elisavet. Take it easy, okay, sweetie?" Kate said as she stood up from the chair she was sitting on and came close to me. She took my hand into hers. "You are still healing."

"I'll be fine. Just give me an adrenaline shot, and I'll start jumping around."

"Still with your funny remarks."

"You know me, Katie. I'm always funny." I started to look around the room. An IV was stuck in my right arm. Monitors and other shit.

"Your aunt has been very worried about you."

"Marina? You told her? Come on, Kate... Now she won't stop calling me. You know how she is." Marina can be very overprotective when it comes to my health. She is a mama bear, but I love her. She has been like a mom to me since my parents died. I won't be surprised if I learn that she came here. But I doubt it.