You'll be Okay - Puffer × Grizzy

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Registering I was about to stumble into a classroom late is possibly the worst thing to happen. First day of being a Senior in a brand new school and I overslept. Typical.

As I push the door open with panting falling from my lips, I scan the room to realise that the tutor had not arrived herself, so I could pass-off as being on time.

"Nelson, ya big dummy! Come over here, I made sure nobody took your seat!"

The Canadian accent rattles through the room and into my ears, forcing my body towards the source. A brown-haired male sat on the end, the seat to his left vacant, and another guy with dirty blonde hair sat next to what is now my chair. Both of them are friends of mine.

"Jaren, is she usually late?" I huff, side stepping behind him and lowering myself into the chair, dropping my back to the floor.

"Always, if you're not ten minutes late, then you'll never get caught. Oversleeping on your first day?" he chirped back, grinning like an idiot.

I flash him a smile in return, "Yeah, worried about how today will go."

"You'll be fine, Nelly Bean!"

"Thanks, Matt."

The door slams open, a force only produced by someone who works out frequently. I will admit, I do daily, but I would always refrain from swinging doors open with such aggression - well, after finding out how expensive they are when trying to replace one I had broken, I would never do it. A man enters, carrying himself with care, as he approaches the back of the classroom. Tall, and knew it, with a similar hue of hair as mine. Thin gold rimmed glasses were balanced over his ears and against his glabella. A slightly loose t-shirt hung from his shoulders, plain white other than the black 'Adidas' printed on the front, with black jeans around his legs. I glance back at his face to obtain more features.

Then, I realise he has been watching me this entire time.

My head moves quicker than it ever has, choosing to look anywhere but him. The heavy footsteps echo through the deadly silent classroom, before stopping right behind me and a chair is pulled out.

Shit. Shit, shit, shit.

"Nelly bean, you okay? You're sweating more than you did when you arrived." Matt leans in to question me, not registering what has just happened. He was probably thinking about frogs.

"Y-yeah, I... yeah, I'm fine." I choke out, brushing my thighs off with my hands despite nothing being there, "Just over-thinking, that's all."

Heels clicking at the front of the room as a clean-dressed woman turns to us all; the only unkempt part of her was the blonde strands of hair poking out from the messy bun at the back of her head. Light makeup, beige lipstick outlining her wide grin, a plain white summer dress falling just below her knees.

"You're all Seniors now! Making me feel old," she starts, with the room returning light chuckles, "You were all tiny and ambitious when I first met a lot of you, and now look at you! Hopefully knowing what you're doing with your lives. If not, there is still time! Always time... Anyway." Her hands clasp together, "We have a new member of the form group, and of the school! Nelson Grizzwald. Lovely name, by the way." She gestures to me with her hand, and sends a wink my way.

"Thank you, Ma'am, I didn't choose it myself though so say that to my parents," the class chuckles once again at my comment, increasing my confidence that tiny bit higher.

"Well, I'll be sure to! Now, this year is going to be slightly different in the sense that you are all graduating! Woohoo! Don't remember to work your hardest, but also remember to take breaks when you need it. In the last..." she pauses, checking the clock at the back of the classroom, "Ten minutes, please catch up with friends and just have some time to relax before class begins. May I speak to Jaren Smith, Matt Florg, Chris Poofs and Eli Rices please?"