Slipped Up - SMii7Y × Reader

They/Them Pronouns

They/Them Pronouns

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Your bucket list was altered frequently, consistently switching between different ideas and plans, but one goal was consistently typed down, the main one. Ice-skating. As somebody who lives in Canada, it's one of the most accessible activities available. Despite this, you have struggled to find the time to officially persue this dream, until now. Slipping your body into the driver's seat of your car, you place your grey backpack onto the passengers seat on your right which is filled with a water bottle, gloves, a bobble hat and your wallet. Wrapping the seatbelt over your torso, you push into the plug and switch the car on. Thankfully, it wasn't cold enough for your windows to frost over, so you had no worries of needing to scrape ice off the glass. You accelerate out of your driveway, and down the road towards the closest ice rink.

After about 10 minutes of listening to the radio, the car comes to a stop in a parking area not far from the building. Pulling your keys out, you unplug yourself and prising the door open gently with enough space to get out, dragging your backpack with you. Shutting the door sternly, locking it and sliding the keys into your pocket, you approach the building slowly, ensuring no cars were driving around you. The doors sliding open automatically, you step inside and scratch any dirt off your shoes on the light brown mat before paying for a time slot. The reception was empty, so you would be served quickly.

"Hi there, could I just get an hour, and borrow a pair of skates?" you ask, pulling out your wallet.
"Sure, what size?"
"6 in mens, thank you," you push your debit card onto the screen of the reader, a ding echoes out to indicate the payment approving. The man leaves through a door behind the desk, swiftly returning with a black pair of skates, guards on the bottom of them: you exchange them with your trainers, before waddling off with the boots in your hand. Following the directions of the worker, you tread into the main room, with chairs dotted around the walls surronding the ice. You find a vacant seat further along, plopping your body down with your backpack on the seat to your left, you begin to put the ice skates on your feet, tying them up as tight as you could. Sliding gloves on your hands, and the bobble hat over your head, you zip your bag up and you start making large steps towards the entrance.

Clutching onto the banisters around the rim, you steady your body to attempt to balance on the change of flooring. Taking the guards off and sliding them into your pocket, you try to move along the ice, hand gliding over the supports. As soon as your mind convinces you that you are prepared to let go, your body crashes to the floor, slipping over. You sigh, laughing to yourself as you reach up for the bannister. Suddenly, a hand appears to your right, offering to assist you up. Without thinking, you accept, and you're suddenly whisked onto your feet, your other hand grasping the bar. "I couldn't help but watch you, sorry about that. First time?"