Chapter 3

Hey everyone! Here is chapter 3 of my story. It starts to get more exciting from here on by the way:) Enjoy!

~~~~~ONE DAY LAER~~~~~~~~

It was the day of one of the biggest meets in my life. This determines if I can go on to compete at the World Championships. My routines were ready, and my brain was ready. But physically, I felt weak, tired, and sick. In the past two days, I have had a baked potato, an apple, and a muffin. I just wasn’t feeling hungry. When I went home early 2 days ago, I went right to sleep.  I didn’t wake up till the next morning. My mom insisted on taking me to the doctor but I convinced her to let me do this competition, I told her it was probably just the flu.

At 9 am, we had to be at the airport, ready to fly to New York. I had packed the night before, so there wasn’t much for me to do. At 7:30 I rolled out of bed, and walked to the bathroom, I put out the fact that I felt like I was dying out of mind. I looked in the mirror and told my self to focus on one thing today. Winning this meet. I hop in the shower to make myself more awake, the dry off, and brush my teeth. I brushed my hair, parted it to the side, and wore it down. I walked back to my bedroom, and got dressed in some black yoga pants, and a tank top, putting my gym sweatshirt over top. I grabbed my carry on bag, and my suitcase, and walked downstairs. Mom and Sabrina’s luggage was already downstairs. I joined my sister at the table. She gave me a concerned look. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

“Sabrina, mom- both of you! Please stop worrying about me! I need to focus on one thing today, not feeling sick! OK?”

“Alright sorry” They both apologized.

I wasn’t hungry at all, but my mom and Sabrina were watching me like hawks, so I ate an apple, and some yogurt, after I wanted to throw up, but I decided not to tell them that.  Soon it was 8:15. We cleaned up the dishes, and put all our luggage in the car.

By 8:30 we were in the car driving to the airport. At 9:00 sharp we arrived, and met up with the rest of the team. We got our ticket, went through security, and waited. Now we were boarding the plane. I was sitting next to Mackenzie. I was planning on sleeping the 5 hours it took. So, when I got on the plane, and we all got settled, and were up in the air, I fell asleep. I didn’t wake up till we were in the middle of landing. As I opened my eyes, I also felt a pain on my leg; I looked down at it, and noticed a huge red, purple, and yellow bruise. Where did it come from? I must’ve gotten it from the beam somehow I thought. When I started waking up with bruises these past few weeks, I knew it was probably just from training, gymnasts get bruised really easily. I shook it off.

When we arrived at the New York City airport, it was 4:30, we all piled onto the bus taking us to the hotel. Our meet was at 8 pm, but we had to be there at 7, so we could warm up. By the time we got to the hotel, and settled in our rooms, we had about 30 minutes before we had to get ready for the meet. I again used this time to sleep.

 I woke back up at 5:30 and began getting ready. I first did my hair. Our team wears our hair the same for every meet. I brushed out my hair, and then did 3 mini French braids, one on the left and right, and one on the middle, I clipped those back. I gathered the rest of my hair up into a high a ponytail, I grabbed the French braids and joined them in with the ponytail. I tied it all together; bobby pinned down all of the loose hairs, added our team scrunchie, a red with black sequins one, and tied in over the hair tie. I grabbed the hair spray and sprayed my hair till it was stiff.  I then sat down at a desk, where our team makeup was layed out. I began by putting on foundation, concealer, and highlighter. I then primed my eyes, and brushed on a shimmery cherry red eye shadow to my lid. I added a glittery white shadow to my crease and outer corner, I slightly blended those together. I then grabbed the glitter black liner, and lined my upper lash line, winging it out. I picked out a pair of false lashes, and carefully applied them to my lashes. I put on a few coats of mascara, to blend them together. I then applied my lip balm, and my ruby red lipstick. I know what your thinking- way to much makeup. But it’s a big meet, and we are the national team, so we where a lot of makeup. Finally, I got into our team leotard.