Disk 01: Chapter 22: Love and Rocket(s) Town

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Cloud replied. "Let's hit the town, see what we can find."

----------------------------------------------------------

We walked into town a short while later, passing the Shanghai Inn and finding our way to the town center. Along the northeast corner of the square stood a beautifully maintained home with a white-picket fence and a small aircraft in the backyard. "Cid's home." I thought to Aerith, nodding towards the house.

As we stood an elderly man walked up and began speaking to Cloud. "Welcome young man, welcome!" he began. "Have you been admiring the rocket?"

"It's incredible." Cloud replied, looking back the way we had come from, to where the top of the launching platform was still just visible.

"That she is. Of course it's pretty badly rusted out now. The Captain though, he says she'd still be recoverable if only Shinra'd pay."

"Who is the Captain?" Vincent asked.

Our new acquaintance startled backwards at Vincent's appearance and the sound of his voice, but he recovered quickly and answered "Captain Highwind of course. A great pilot, woulda been the world's first spaceman too... That's his place over there." He indicated the same home I had noticed.

"Meebe we should talk to him." Barrett said.

"Good idea. Let's go." Cloud started to walk towards the house when the old man stopped him.

"One more thing young man. Thanks for putting up with this old fellow's ranting over the rocket... It's kinda a hobby of mine you see. Anyways, here, take this as a token of appreciation." He handed Cloud a sword, then walked away.

Holding the new blade at arm's length, Cloud looked up and down the blade. "Nice." He finally said. "I wonder where the old guy got ahold of something like this?"

Also examining the weapon, Red replied "I'm wondering too. Do you not recognize it? This is a blade of legends... Yoshiyuki, by name. It is said that it's power grows greater the fewer allies are by your side."

Cloud looked at the weapon with even greater respect, but said "Not too useful then. We've got a full house with us."

"It's all in how you look at it." Vincent told him. "I'd keep that close if I were you... Even a 'full house' can be whittled down quickly after all."

"Yeesh. Bring the place down why don'tcha?" Yuffie said.

----------------------------------------------------------

We walked around the perimeter fence to Cid's backyard and examined the aircraft. You read that right, we didn't barge through his home uninvited like you do in the game. Always thought that RPG convention of being able to barge into homes was odd. Anyway, we were looking the plane over and just as Cloud and Yuffie were about to hop the fence for a better look the back door of the house opened and a short woman emerged. She was older than most of our group, at least thirty-five, maybe forty, but still quite attractive. "May I help you?" She asked.

"Erm... Sorry to bother you ma'am." I said.

"We just wanted a look at the plane." Cloud said. "Are you the owner?"

"No, the plane belongs to Ci... the Captain. I'm Shera."

"I don't suppose there's any chance this Captain would be willing to give us a ride somewhere?" Tifa asked.

"He might." Shera answered. "Though, you'd have to ask him yourself. And of course he won't be going anywhere until after President Shinra's visit."

"What!?" Barrett exploded. "Dat little worm's comin' here!? Why!?"