The Innocent Mistake - 10

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong? Don't you want to eat? Aren't you getting late?" Sana bit her lip to control her laughter at his reaction.

"Shut up!" he cried out in frustration.

Sana burst into laughter, causing him to frown even more.

"Open the box, Siddhu," she commanded, still chuckling.

"No thanks, I've lost my appetite. And I hate you..." he grumbled, placing the box on the table and crossing his arms, exhaling forcefully.

"Abracadabra... woooosssshhh..." she waved her hands over the lunchbox, as if casting a magic spell.

"He he he he he..." she faked a devilish laugh as she opened the box, savoring the aroma that wafted out. Sidharth's mouth was left agape when he caught a glimpse of the food from the corner of his eye. It was his favorite Aloo Paratha (Indian flatbread stuffed and rolled with spicy mashed potatoes).

"What? You liar... Give that to me!" he pounced, attempting to snatch the lunchbox from her hand.

"No, no, no..." Sana sang in response.

"Why?" he whined.

"Because you hate me," she said, causing him to pout sadly.

"Sana, I'm hungry," he wailed.

"Nope..." she smirked.

"You ate my lunch. I'm going to complain to the teacher," he threatened.

"What would you say? I'll simply tell her I saw you eating your lunchbox a few minutes ago," she said cunningly.

"What? Cheater!! When did I eat? I didn't. You did," he protested.

"Where's the proof?" Sana raised an eyebrow.

"Sanaaa?" he whined.

"Say you love me..." she demanded.

"Rrr... okay. I l..." The recess bell rang, interrupting him and signaling the end of the lunch break. He glared at her angrily. Sana's eyes widened in shock; she had lost track of time while teasing him.

"Siddhu..." she cried out innocently.

"Don't... I hate you," he yelled angrily before walking back to class. She quickly packed up the lunchboxes and followed him.

"Siddhu, sorry..." she lamented regretfully, but he paid no attention and entered the classroom. Instead of taking his usual seat next to her in the front row, he went to the last bench, next to another boy. Sana followed him to the back.

"Siddhuuu... why are you sitting here? Come to the front," she whined, but her pleas fell on deaf ears. The boy sitting next to Sidharth glanced at Sana.

"Switch seats," Sana glared at the boy and commanded.

"What? No, I don't want to sit in the front row. I haven't done my homework," the boy refused.

"Did you just say you don't want my notes for the whole year?" Sana smirked.

"Huh?" The boy looked at her in shock and gulped before quietly vacating the seat for her.

Before Sidharth could get up and leave, the teacher entered the classroom.

"Good afternoon, Teacher," the class greeted in unison.

"Good afternoon. Put your homework on the table. I'll inspect it at any time," the teacher ordered.

Sana playfully nudged Sidharth's arm, but he responded with a glare. Her sad pouts failed to have any effect on him. While the teacher continued her lecture at the front of the class, Sana slowly opened her lunchbox and nudged her elbow into Sidharth's arm again. He purposely avoided looking at her, though his mouth watered in anticipation.