chapter 28

charlotte's pov:

I smile and exit the car heading in to go to my house. I get to my room and shut my door. I take my shoes off and jump on my bed. I don't even know how to feel. Angry? Sad? Happy?

I guess I feel all of those emotions. It's been a rough night. All I know is one thing.

I love Myles.

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.

I wake up and look at my clock. Oh no. I overslept. I hop out of bed and get dressed as fast as I could. I got the stuff I needed to get and ran out. In the hallway at school, I see Ryder and Layla arguing.

Soon enough I see Ryder shake his head and say something before storming off. Layla is left there crying.

Jeez. What could have happened now?

I don't even care. He doesn't deserve my time or energy. I walk into my first period and Ryder is already in his seat with his head down.

I take my seat and sigh. "Today is going to be a long day." I mumble. The first period ends and Ryder quickly walks out of class. Almost like he's trying to avoid someone.

Is he avoiding me?

Maybe. But why should I care?

I get to second period and Layla is sobbing with Mia trying to comfort her. Was their fight that bad?

I find myself thinking more about it than I care to admit. But I still haven't figured out why. It just started happening all of a sudden. And it wouldn't go away.

The second period now ends, then along with the third. And soon enough it was time for lunch. I sit down with Myles, Tiffany, and Alexa.

"I can't believe that happened." "I know! Like they were toxic but I didn't expect it to be true!" "He doesn't even look like he cares too much."

What are they talking about?

"Hey guys what's going on?"

They all turn to look at me.
"You don't know?" Tiffany blurts out.
"Really?" Alexa adds in.

Myles explains. "Ryder and Layla broke up."

What? Is he for real?

"Wait actually?" I said absolutely baffled.
They all started laughing. "Both of them had it coming." They all agreed.

Yeah. I guess.

"Hey guys, I'm going to go to the bathroom."

Myles kisses me. "Okay, love."

I get up from the table and exit the lunchroom.

They really broke up? I knew they were fighting but I never knew it was that serious? I guess it was about time that ended. They were both poison for each other.

I wonder how Ryder's feeling?

No. I don't. I don't wonder. I don't care. I walk over to the sink. I turn on the faucet and splash some cold water on my face. I look at myself in the mirror.

"What is happening to me?"

The longer I look in the mirror the less I look like me. I don't know if that makes sense. But it's like the girl standing there just isn't me. She isn't the me I was a month ago. I can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. I assume bad.

I don't see how any good can from this.