~CHAPTER TWENTYTWO~

Start from the beginning

   "I'll get the door." Chris smiled and pulled open the door for the three.

   Arlo smiled at Chris and the other boy. "Thanks."

   "So, you guys wanna be Cobra Kais, huh?" Hawk let go of Arlo and threw a fake punch at the group of kids who all flinched. "You got a long road ahead of you."

   Miguel and Hawk walked into the dojo and Arlo turned to Chris and the curly haired boy. "I'm sorry."

   "It's okay." Chris smiled and kept the door open for her as she walked inside the dojo.

   Arlo could hear the curly haired boy get mad at Chris for something before he walked in after her.

   Arlo sped up so she was standing next to Hawk and Miguel. Her jaw dropped as she looked around the dojo. One of the mirrors on the back wall was broken and glass was covering the floor in front of it. There was also a burn mark that trailed up the wall by the trashcan. 

   "What the hell happened here?" Miguel looked over at Aisha who was already in her gi.

   Aisha shrugged her shoulders. "Looks like Sensei threw a party."

   "Must've been pretty sick if fire got involved." Hawk smiled as he looked around and then down at Arlo who was scanning the room with her eyes.

   "One hell of a party." Arlo exhaled and looked at Hawk who smiled at her. "What?"

   "Nothing." He continued smiling as he walked over to where Miguel was standing.

   Arlo stood in her place with her eyebrows furrowed and Aisha walked over to her.

   "What was that about?" Aisha asked Arlo.

   "I don't know." Arlo looked at Hawk who was telling Miguel something. "We kissed the night after the tournament though."

   "What!" Aisha shouted causing a couple of people to look at her. She took a couple steps closer to Arlo and spoke quietly. "You and Hawk kissed?"

   "Yeah." Arlo fought the blush that was creeping onto her cheeks as she thought back to it. 

   "You need to tell me everything later." Aisha smiled and Arlo nodded back in response.

   Arlo and Aisha walked over to where Hawk and Miguel were standing. Arlo opened her backpack and she was about to take out her gi to change when Johnny came out of his office.

   "Quiet!" Johnny shouted and walked over to the group of new students by the door. "The dojo is closed to new students today."

   "We just wanted to sign up after we saw the tournament." Chris replied to the older man. 

   "Do I need to say it again? Get out!" Johnny stared at Chris and then the curly haired boy.

   "Yes, sir... Sensei." The curly haired boy looked around at all of the kids around him. "Come on, let's go."

   Arlo waved to Chris who sent her back a small wave before leaving the dojo.

   "Come back tomorrow." Johnny shouted at the kids who were walking out of the doors. "And bring your checkbooks."

   Johnny told his students to fall in. Arlo zipped up her backpack, which still had her gi in it, and threw it in the corner of the room next to her shoes. Everyone got into rows. Miguel, Hawk, Arlo, and Aisha stood at the front of their rows like they normally did.

   "Must've been a rager, Sensei." Hawk said with a smile on his face.

   "Yeah, were you celebrating all weekend?" Miguel added in with a smile also on his face.