𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐰

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you asked." I said gratefully as I turned on my side, so I was fully facing him as well, "A lot has happened today."

"You mean yesterday cause its 2 in the-"

"Morning, I get it." I looked at him annoyingly before continuing with a sigh, "First, Kie and I overheard JJ and Pope talking and JJ was saying about how he's getting me back. And than we danced together at The Wreck."

"And how did that make you feel?" John B asked me tiredly, propping his head up on his bent arm.

I scrunched my face in uncomfortableness, "Nice? I guess?" He made a weird face as he tilted his head at me, expecting me to elaborate, "Like it felt familiar. Like how we used to be." I explained a little clearer.

"So... whats the issue?" He asked with a yawn, though I didn't feel bad that I woke him up. I needed someone to speak to, and I didn't feel like Kie was the one to help me. So I went to the next best thing... Johnny.

I groaned and ran my hand down my face, "The issue is that its just like... wow. Like its a lot of information."

"Well, thats because you're accustomed to hating JJ." John B explained simply to me, as if it made perfect sense, "Your mind doesn't want you to give into any of it, but your heart wants it. Your heart wants him."

I hated John B sometimes. Why was he right? If you asked me what period of my life was the happiest, so far, I would say when I was with JJ. Even before we were dating, hanging out with JJ always made me happiest. I was always laughing, smiling... blushing. He always made me feel a way I've never felt before. So what was the harm in letting myself feel that way again?

Fuck that. There was a bunch of harm in doing that. I could get hurt again. I could get my heart broken again. I could shut down again. I could be a bitch again. I could hate JJ again. I could say that I'd never jump into a relationship with JJ again. And than I would fall for the same bullshit he preaches... again.

"I know. I know but," I shut my eyes for a split second to comprehend my thoughts, John B keeping his eyes on me waiting for my next words, "I can't, John B. He hurt me so bad... I can't give in that easily."

John B shrugged, "You don't have to, Rori." Why was he being oddly wise? "But don't completely shut out the idea of you two together again either."

I didn't answer. I chewed on my bottom lip, taking in what he was saying. At my silence, he continued, "Let JJ prove it to you because I know how he feels towards you and I can assure you that if you give him the chance, you'll see how much that kid loves you, Rori,"

"Thats what Kie said." I said in a little voice, John B's words capturing my entire brain. If he and Kie said the same thing... could it be true? I finally looked him in the eyes, "That and that he has wet dreams about me."

John B's eyes widened at my words. He looked startled that the words even left my mouth. He sat up completely and looked down at me in shock, "You know about that?"

A small smile took over my face as I sat up as well, "Uh duh. Y'all seriously need to check your audience before you talk. Kie was right next to you."

"Shit." John B mumbled, looking down at the blankets ahead of us. I scratched my neck, waiting for him to get over the initial shock. He sighed and looked over at me with a crooked smile, "Guess that explains why you can't sleep."