Chapter 7: Replay

Start from the beginning

"It does! It's just- well its not..."

I couldn't hold his gaze.

"It's not staying down."

"Oh my! Do you have any idea why?" Nezu asked, his cute little ears twitching slightly at my statement.

"It's not healthy to resist the transition, Saori. Your true genes are begging to come out. Why don't you let them?"

A shiver ran down my spine as I looked away from the Principal. "I'm sure i'll figure it out..."

"You and Recovery Girl can talk about it more later. As for now, can we get back to the point please?"

"Oh yeah-" My attention snapped back to the sleep deprived professor. "I was trying to get to Recovery Girl... The trip itself was exhausting. All my body wanted to do was shut down...But I refused to let it. So I kept pushing myself, one foot in front of the other. One step at a time."

"And then?" Aizawa asked.

My gaze looked over at Recover Girl before looking back at my teacher. They were going to think I was crazy. But Kaname was dangerous. I mean from what Recovery girl said they were gone, but for how long?

That atmosphere in the room shifted from one of conserin of my well-being to something much colder. The shift in my mood must have been apparent on my face as I spoke.

"I was almost to the top of the stairs when I heard him." I started, the nervousness replaced with a fearful kind of calm. "It was as if he was standing just a few feet away from me. But when I turned to look for him there was no one there." I croaked, trying to keep my fingers from trembling all over again. "But then I heard him again, no I felt him as he whispered in my ear. I even saw a flash of his face before it vanished into thin air."

"Is this someone you know? Or someone you've heard of before?" Aizawa asked, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"I-I knew him. Well, O-or at least I-I thought I did before..."

All the windows in the room cracked again as the memory played in my head. The cold bedroom, the blood stained sheets, his crimson eyes, Yuki's unmoving body.

And once again, tears began to fall. Quite tears, scared tears. Tears that fell down my cheeks and onto the bed as I looked Aizawa in the eye.

"He's a Beast in Human Form."

Silence filled the room at the intensity of my tone. The way my body trembled as I spoke.

"So I ran... I had to get away from him, I knew what he would do to me if he managed to get me." I said softly, looking over at Recovery Girl again..

"That's why I freaked out when I woke up. I thought I was trapped all over again. I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Oh I've seen way worse than you Dearie. Don't worry yourself about little Ol' me." Recovery Girl said sweetly. Her warm smile gave me a small amount of reassurance as I continued.

"I was probably running on pure adrenaline as I ran out of the stairwell. I wasn't even looking where I was going, I just knew I needed to get away. That's when the other one showed up."

"Other one?" Nezu asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"Their relatives I think, but the family dynamic is weird with them." I responded. "I wish I could say that one was good and the other was bad. But they're both just their own flavors of sadistic and cruel."

"And what is it they wanted from you?" Aizawa asked. his eyes glued on me as I spoke.

An audible gulp left my mouth as I looked between the three adults. Trying to think of a suitable comparison to what they wanted from me. The reason he did this to me.