ALTERNATIVE ENDING (HAPPY)

"Because, my dear, this is not real. All of this is but a memory. I passed away 35 years ago."

As King George's haunting words echoed in Y/n's ears, the world around her dissolved into darkness. But just as despair threatened to consume her, a surge of energy coursed through her body, jolting her awake. She found herself lying in her own bed, surrounded by the familiarity of her modern-day room.

Y/n stretched her limbs and yawned, her gaze drifting towards the mirror. Gone was the regal nightgown of her dreams, replaced by a comfortable plain t-shirt and shorts. A sense of relief washed over her as she realized she had returned to reality.

She made her way into the living room, where the enticing aroma of breakfast wafted through the air. Daphne, her mother, donned an apron as she skilfully served eggs on toast to Simon, her father, and August, her brother. They were dressed in modern suits, the ordinary attire of their everyday lives.

Y/n looked at the TV, which was playing BBC News. In the corner, was written the date '10 July 2023'. She sighed, knowing that this was her world. And, the world she had lived moments ago was just a dream.

"Y/n! Hey, baby, I saved you some eggs on toast," Daphne greeted cheerfully, her eyes lighting up with maternal affection. Simon smirked at his daughter's dishevelled appearance, teasingly reminding her of the hours she had slept. Y/n chuckled and kissed her father on the cheek, feeling the warmth of their bond.

August, ever the inquisitive soul, noticed the tell-tale signs of her dream lingering upon her face. "Did you have that dream again? About that prince," he asked, his curiosity piqued.

Y/n nodded, a mix of nostalgia and longing washing over her. But as fate would have it, the knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, heralding the arrival of the unexpected visitor. Y/n opened the door, her eyes widening in astonishment as Adam stood before her.

Without hesitation, she pulled him into a tight embrace, feeling his arms wrap around her in a comforting embrace. His chuckle reverberated through her being as he planted kisses on her cheek, savouring the sweetness of their reunion.

"I missed you too, princess," Adam whispered, his voice filled with a tenderness that stirred her heart. Y/n's smile radiated with joy as she leaned in to kiss him gently, cherishing the taste of his lips against her own.

The click of a polaroid camera captured the precious moment, freezing it in time for eternity. The family, gathered in the background, watched with awe as Daphne immortalized their love. "I'm going to show this to your children one day," she declared, her voice laced with a mix of pride and happiness.

Adam and Y/n embraced once more, their hearts intertwined in a dance of love and contentment. With her head resting upon his shoulder, Y/n felt a profound sense of gratitude for her current life, filled with the love of her family and the unbreakable bond she shared with Adam.

As they basked in the warmth of their embrace, the room overflowed with a sense of serenity and hope. Y/n knew that whatever dreams or uncertainties had plagued her, she had found her true home and her true love. Together, they would navigate the journey of life, their hearts forever intertwined, and create a future filled with love, joy, and cherished memories.

And so, as the morning sunlight streamed through the window, illuminating their love-filled sanctuary, Y/n and Adam embarked on a new chapter of their lives, hand in hand, ready to face the world together.