19.

"hey champ when did you start playing with teddy bears it's not like you"

jungkook shyly looks at the fluffy teddy in his hands and then looks up at his father  "it's not for me dad im gonna give this present to the doll"

"doll?" his father questions confused as his 8 year old never liked playing with dolls and cute toys saying it's all kid stuff and not for the alphas. but even then he still bought cute toys for his son and one time he saw jungkook placing all his toys in jimin's room so the younger could play with them. that scene really melted his heart.

"uh huh the pretty doll that comes to play in our house with mr. kim" jungkook said hugging the plushy close to his chest.

"oh taehyung mr. kim's son?"

jungkook nodded "yes im gonna ask him to be my friend"

jeon sunghoon chuckled at his son's cuteness at pat his head "that's good cmon now let's have lunch with your mom and brother"

jungkook held his father's hand and followed him downstairs. he saw his mother in the kitchen talking to jimin and a chubby kid beside him. jungkook smiled when he saw it's his doll.
"hi tae-" he was gonna give the present to taehyung and ask him to be his friend but then he saw the way jimin was holding hands with taehyung. introducing him yo their mother.

" mom look he's my friend taetae"

jungkook frowned in annoyance. taehyung was supposed to be his friend he met him first. he even bought a gift for him.

"nice to meet you jimin's friend. come let's eat" jungkook heard his mom say to taehyung and he followed his dad quietly sitting on the chair to eat. he pouted when he saw his mother kissing jimin's cheek loving but she didn't even look in jungkook's way.

it's always like that. his mother gives all her love to jimin but when he talks to her she ignores him. he always felt sad but his father was always there giving him hugs and gifts to make him feel better so he didn't much of it. but right now when he walked to taehyung to talk to him and saw the way jimin dragged taehyung to play in his room. he felt angry and jealous for the first time.

Namjoon is writing something on the notebook and jungkook taps his feet nervously. it's been 20 minutes since jungkook told namjoon all that happened these past few days but the older alpha hasn't said a word yet.

"do you remember what you promised me before going back to korea?" jungkook visibly flinches when he hears the question. he remembers clearly but he doesn't answer namjoon.

he's too ashamed to look in his eyes.

too scared to see the
disappointment in the eyes of the person he always looked up to.

namjoon sighs looking at him sitting at the corner of the sofa with his head down like a scared puppy.

"you promised me that you'll try to make your relationship better with your brother" namjoon continues glancing at the window, he just can't bring himself to look at jungkook because be feels the same sympathy he felt when he first met the little jungkook.

and right now this person doesn't deserve his sympathy "and you also promised that you'll finally talk to the person you've been in love for years with. you'll take care him and treat him well. you'll try to be a better version of yourself."

jungkook feels tears in his eyes but he holds himself back from crying.

'you don't deserve to cry'

"you promised me all of this jungkook but did you even tried? to do all of these things or did you lied to me all those times you just pretended that you changed right" namjoon doesn't raise his voice but hearing him anyone can tell that he's angry right now.

jungkook shakes his head weakly "i never lied hyung you know i can never lie to you"

jungkook flinches again when hears namjoon scoff but he continues trying to convince himself more "i did tried to make everything better. i-i talked to jimin and apologized to him and when i met taehyung i was better hyung i changed i treated him so well and then i was so happy when he dated me. i was over the moon i finally got him and believe me hyung i never treated him wrong before this but-"

"but?"

"it was all like a dream hyung he was never mine he was just with me because of jimin. because jimin told him to seduce me so he can have the company.."

namjoon is quiet again. processing the words and putting the two and two together. "you say you tried but did you really jungkook? you just proved to him and jimin that you're still the same instead of showing them that you changed"

jungkook looks up at him confused.
he doesn't see the disappointment that he expected in orders eyes but instead they're soft with a hint of anger like a parent scolding his child for something bad he did.

"i understand you were hurt and im not saying jimin and taehyung are not wrong for that but you could've showed them how you can be a better brother and boyfriend .."

jungkook blinks. did he really not tried enough?

"i met taehyung he's a really nice person jungkook. if you would've tried more maybe he really would have loved you back but instead you ruined everything. you realize what you did to him right?"

jungkook nods sobbing. "i-i know hyung and im so so sorry i just couldn't think of anything in my anger and jealousy i ruined the only best thing in my life and i- hyung i don't know what to do i can't lose him. hyung you know i can't"

namjoon walks to him to pat on his shoulder "i don't know jungkook but it's not healthy you have to give this all some time it's taehyung who's been through this not me so only he can answer this.. btw where is he right now?"

"he locked himself in our bedroom"

"shit jungkook you did the unforgivable this time"

jungkook looks down at his hands. he knows taehyung will never forgive him. and he can't forgive himself either.