Part seven

2 days later...

Nat POV
I hum the familiar tune of the song "miss American pie" as I make myself a coffee. It was currently two in the morning and I was the only one in the female comon room who was awake. Or at least that's what I thought.

It has been two days since my incident with Wanda and two days since the girl had left her room. I along with some of the others, had tried a number of times to coerce her out but eventually I realised that I had pushed the girl too far and needed to give her space.

As I pick up my coffee cup and turn to go back to my room I hear an odd noise come from one of the rooms.

"Maria?" I call out wondering if it was just the other agent arriving home from a mission however when I get no response I put my cup down and head over to the only other place the sound could have come from.

"Wanda?" I question softly as I knock on the younger woman's door.

"N...Nat" I hear Wanda reply through sobs and struggled breaths.

"Can you open the door for me honey?" I ask

"I...I c... can't" she reply's

"Okay that's okay" I reply. Thinking for a moment how to best handle the situation I decide to just use force to get to the girl. Using my body strength I push the door and it flys open.

As I walk in I see Wanda curled up in a corner rocking back and forth struggling to breath.

"Oh honey, I think your having a panic attack" I say as i walk over and crouch next to her.

"Can you try and breathe with me?" I ask and she nods. I start to take some deep breaths and she copy's me.

After breathing together for a few minutes Wanda gains composure and looks up at me with shame.

"Hey it's okay I've got you" I say as I look down at the girl. It's only now that I realise just how bad a shape the girl is in. She had huge dark circles under her eyes and her hair was sloppily thrown into a knotted mess of a ponytail. She was wearing a tight fitted long sleeve shirt and pair of shorts which allowed me to see how thin she had gotten.

"Oh Wanda..." I start

"I've got it under control" she says quickly noticing my stares.

"Sweetheart, I don't think that you do" I say softly as I sit down next to her.

"I..." Wanda started but cut herself of not sure how to respond.

"please let me get you some help... we can go and see Bruce and he can-"

"NO" Wanda yells suddenly "sorry, I-mean no, you can't tell Bruce"

"Wanda you need help" I say

"Can't you help me?" She asks.

I pause for a second to think "I don't know if I'm the best person to help with this, there are other people-"

"Nat please don't tell anyone else" Wanda begins to cry "everyone already thinks I'm we weak burden, what will they think of me after knowing about something like this?"

"Wanda no one thinks your a burden" I attempt to reassure her

"Nat please" she begs, tears still ring down her face.

I sigh "okay, here's what we are going to do, If I'm going to help you we will be doing it my way, which means your going to have to put some effort in to getting better. I can't force you to do anything, however if I think that your not getting any better with me then I will find someone who is better equipped than me to help you."

"Okay" Wanda reply's softly.

"Okay" I smiled back at her before wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into a hug.