Chapter 9: Reveal

Back in Konoha, Sarada was again at work. Isamu was at her side reading a book on flowers (he loved the roses). She looked at her playful son and smiled. He really is a cute kid. I am so happy with how fast he has grown. Honestly, he is doing better than I did as a child. She was lost in thought until a knocking sound interrupted her stare at the 5 year old. "Come in!" She was surprised to see man, about the age of 24, tall, rather thin, pale, brown hair and green eyes walk into her office. "Afternoon, Lady Hokage." The man bowed as Sarada cleared her throat. "Back at you, Ezra. Don't mind me asking, but why are you here?" Ezra walked up to her desk and placed a scroll on her desk. "We have gained intel. It would be best to let them handle it." Sarada slowly opened the scroll and nearly dropped it.

Kousai...

She read over the word over and over and over to get it out of her head, but each time it failed. She then looked at Ezra who was equally confused. "Iris..." she responded Ezra nodded in agreement, then felt someone tug on his pant leg. "Hm?" he looked down to the little Uchiha showing him a picture of Iris. "Kousai!" The little boy smiled as Ezra squat in front of him and smiled a bit. Sarada stood up and grabbed Isamu before Ezra could say anything. Ezra slowly asked, "Are you babysitting the child, or something?" Sarada looked at Isamu then nodded... no.

"So, this is you're son?" Isamu moved his hand forward to Ezra, "My name is Isamu Kousai Uchiha. Nice to meet you, Thin Man!" Ezra sterned his eyes, slightly frightening Isamu. Sarada put Isamu down behind her desk and walked over to Ezra while whispering, "Let's go outside." Ezra nodded and they left the office to the hallway.

They both leaned their backs against the wall and Ezra broke the silence. "Kousai... is his middle name, huh? Coincidence, I think not." Sarada looked at Ezra then the ground. "I tried to hide him for so long, it was almost impossible. I thought it would be better to let him come to work with me, or just stay by my side. Times like now are different than they once were, being a shinobi is no longer a priority. Academies are slowly becoming more education than training. Along with the modernization of building and rebuilding." She looked at Ezra softly but serious, "I tried not to let you two know as well. It was a personal matter." She looked at the door and saw Isamu through the window reading his book. "Not to be too personal..." Ezra started while leaning off the wall and stood across from Sarada about 4 feet. "The word Kousai and your son could be connected. Maybe the enemy knows this as well. So I need to know... Who is the father?" Sarada looked Ezra in his eyes causing a shiver to cross his body. "That is too personal." Sarada walked passed him about to reach the door to her office, but Ezra stopped her. "Go to Amado. Take a test. If he has at least 50% Otsutsuki, let us know immediately." He walked down the hall and rose his hand up to signal good-bye. She sighed and made an appointment for Isamu... at Amado's. She realized, Ezra was right. If Isamu had more than half of Otsutsuki Blood, he could be a target. So, being the good mother she was, she made sure her child would be safe, and healthy at the same time.

Sarada and Isamu entered the building for the 5 year old's appointment.  The woman at the counter politely asked for the Mother and son to head to the 5 room on the 3 floor. Isamu just quietly followed his mother up the stairs and into the room to wait for his doctor. There was a knock about 5 minutes after they settled in the room. "Hello, may I enter?" A sweet voice said. Sarada responded with a kind "Yes" and a purple haired woman entered giving Sarada a huge hug. The woman looked at Isamu and smiled softly, making Isamu smile back. "He got so big, Sara! Just look at Isa!" Isamu couldn't remember who this woman was, and it confused him... a lot. 

Just as Isamu was about to ask how the woman knew him, another knock was heard on the door. The door opened and a large man with glasses, white hair and a coffee entered with a clip board. He smiled at Sarada, Sumire and Isamu before sitting in his chair. "Well hello, Lady Hokage. I see you wanted to take a blood test, and eye examination?" Sarada agreed with a nod. The man then looked at Isamu, making the poor boy shiver a bit. "Why don't you sit on that table there, and Dr. Sumire goes and gets you a lolli?" The little boy nodded and climbed onto the table. The doctor already had the needle, and the other doctor was gone. "Okay, on the count of three." The doctor cleaned the spot where he would inject the needle, and uncapped the needle, quickly. "One... two..." he injected the needle and took a very small portion of blood then finished. "Three! Not so bad, huh sport?" The little boy looked at his mother with small tears and Sarada looked back with a smile. The boy wiped his tears and looked at the old man in front of him. "I forgot! My name is, Dr. Amado." stood up and looked at the needle with a smile. "I will be right back, Sumire should be here any minute now." He opened and closed the door quickly. 

The little boy slid off the table and gave his mother a hug, a very warm hug. Sarada hugged the boy back and rubbed his back. Within about 7 minutes there was a knock on the door, again. "Come in." Sarada responded. "I'm back!" She knelt over and handed a lollipop to Isamu. The boy grabbed the lollipop and responded with, "Please and thank you, Miss Sumire." Sumire almost had a heart attack from the cuteness of the boy. "Alright, Isamu, let's do your eye exam." Sumire took out a light and did the normal check up. 30 minutes later, Amado was back and looked stunned, almost too stunned to speak. He asked for Sarada and Sumire outside in the hallway. Isamu then got close to the door to eavesdrop. He felt like he had too.

"Sarada, I got back the results..." Sarada gulped as she sheepishly grabbed the file. She opened the file, she read the percentage. 67% Otsutsuki, 33% Uchiha. He... has more Otsutsuki... She saw this coming, but she wanted to hope it was wrong. Sarada carelessly held the file wrong causing something to fall. Sumire saw and picked it up, but as she did she read something that made her extremely excited. She grabbed Sarada by the shoulders and squeezed Sarada's shoulders with a huge smile of happiness. "What is wrong with you, Sumi-" she was interrupted by the purple hair girl's squealing. Amado just watched as the situation continued slowly.        "His father... is Boruto?!"