detention

"Why is it," Sharp asked, pinching the bridge of his nose, "That when something happens, it's always you three?"

"I've been asking myself the same thing, Professor." Ominis nods resolutely.

"Uh, hey no. Sometimes it's Weasley." Sebastian corrects Sharp.

"You have a point Sallow," the Professor drops his hand to the desk, "Therefor, you three can join him for detention tomorrow night."

Sebastian and MC protest at the same time, "What? No!" "Professor Sharp this isn't fair!"

Ominis on the other hand, had excepted his fate. Professor Sharp leaned back in his chair, eyeing the protesters, "I just caught the three of you dangling Duncan Hobhouse over the Puffskien enclosure. By his feet."

MC throws up her hands in exaggeration, "He was making fun of a poor little first year. Do you know what he called them?" MC leans closer to Sharp and whispers, "A Mudblood!"

Sharps eyes softened, "Yes, I am aware. Which is why I am only giving you three one detention. You're lucky I was the professor who caught you."

Ominis sighs, "Thank you Professor Sharp. I truly and sorry for our actions."

Sebastian snorts, "I'm not." MC looks at him and nods firmly.

"Anyways," Professor Sharp stands up, "It's past curfew, and I am more than finished with this conversation. Off to your common room."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next night, MC made her way to the detention room. Candlelit and warm, she actually rather enjoys being there. When she arrives, Garreth is lounging across one of the tables on his back, tossing a ball into the air.

He startles, quickly turning his head. Seeing its only MC, he relaxes and cracks a smile, "If it isn't the Hero of Hogwarts! What are you in for?"

MC sighs, laying on the desk next to Weasley's, "Dangling Puffskein Dunkien over the Puffskein pen."

"Bloody hell, I'd pay to have witnessed that." He pauses for a second, reaching into his pocket and pulling out another ball, tossing it to MC.

Together the two lay on their respective desks, tossing their ball in the air, "Do I even want to know what your in for Garreth?"

"I set my new fireworks off in the Great Hall. Must have been the same time you and Duncan were having your quality time."

MC cracks a smile, reaching up to catch the ball, but it flies to the side.

"Accio." Sebastian and Ominis stand in the doorway, Sebastian now holding the ball.

MC just sits up and pouts, "Hey! Give that back."

Garreth sits up as well, eyeing the duo that just walked in as they took their seats at the table MC was sitting on. "Sallow, of course you were involved. But Ominis? Color me surprised."

Ominis shrugged, "I just really dislike Hobhouse."

Garreth laughed, turning on his table yo be sitting facing him, "Don't we all, Gaunt?"

Ominis smirked, arms crossed. Sebastian on the other hand was looking around the room, "Any idea of who's handling our detention?"

As if on cue, Professor Fig walks in. "Ah, my favorite trouble makers. I was thrilled to learn it was you four in detention! It just so happens I needed my office cleaned."

MC eyes Fig suspiciously, and the old man just winks in return. "I'm off yo bed, I trust you four will take your time." He smiled, tossing the key to his office to MC, "Oh, and don't think of slacking off. There's a house elf in there to supervise you lot."