"You can have a drink with me" James suggested.

Kate stifled back a laugh. Looks like the tables had turned around.

"Oh," Noelle nodded sadly. She stood up from the bar stool and picked up her purse slowly. "You know I thought you were the boss of Kat but looks like it's the other way around"

Kate gasped at Noelle's sort of reverse psychology. Way to hurt a man's ego.

"Kate!" James yelled above the music.

Kate grunted and continued with her work, pretending not to have heard him. But knowing James and how Noelle had cast some kind of evil magic on him, he walked to her and tapped her lightly.

"Yeah," she turned to him with a believing meek smile.

Yeah, she could act too.

"I'm going to need you to leave now"

"What?" She feigned confusion. "It's a busy night. You need me"

"Cut the bullshit, I know you heard all your friend said to me" James replied with an eye roll.

She smiled meekly. Guess she couldn't act after all.

"But James-"

"Just go before I change my mind" he interrupted.

Kate stood firm, waiting for him to change his mind -though she knew he wouldn't.

"Kate" James groaned and rubbed his forehead. "Go, please"

Kate mumbled incoherent words as she removed her apron and left the counter. Curse Noelle and her stupid witchcraft. She joined Noelle at a table where two glasses were already laid. She took both glasses and downed their contents before sitting down.

"Goddamn, I miss you" Noelle smiled like a proud mother and yelled out for more drinks.

Minutes later, they were both laughing as they drank and had a chat. Kate had forgotten how much fun it was to hang out with her best friend. She couldn't remember the last time they went out and just had a drink. Coupled with reading for the exams and work, they barely saw each other the past week.

They had been best of friends since junior year in highschool. She had actually planned to give Noelle a treat to celebrate the end of exams but one of the many mishaps in her life had shown its ugly face, hence why she decided to work instead of party.

"Let's dance!" Kate suggested. The dance floor had been calling her name for a while now.

"You know I can't dance" Noelle shook her head as she picked up her glass.

Kate smiled victoriously. She might not have the killer body that Noelle had. Damn her boobs and ass were nothing compared to Noelle's. But one thing she did have and Noelle didn't, was dance skills. She pulled Noelle up and dragged her along.

She drowned in the music, letting it sway her body as it consumed her. It was things like this that made Kate forget about her worries-getting drunk with her best friend and dancing their souls out-even though what Noelle was doing couldn't even be considered dancing. She was crouched down, doing some sexy moves and with the tight-fitted dress she was wearing, it just added to her sexiness and sophistication.

Kate could feel stares at them. Her eyes locked on one of the guys who seemed to be staring more than the rest. He was among the people on the bar stools, his elbow on the counter as he rested his head on his palm and just...stared. He was wearing dark shades so Kate couldn't see his eyes but she knew he was staring at them- at Noelle. Or maybe he was blind? Cause who wore dark shades indoors?