6

Y/n's Pov

Tara took me to school the next morning. It wasn't exactly awkward but us fucking was really sinking in. Maybe this was good, we could end up together, date in college? Or was I thinking to far ahead. Was I even thinking at all.

When we arrive she scurried off to find Wes. I didn't wanna think to much of it, I found Amber and she bombarded me with questions. I answered all them, what Tara confessed to me. After I told her that Amber's face drops,"Is that Tara?"

I look behind me and down the hallway I see Tara against the wall making out with Wes. I could feel the sadness physically, us having sex meant absolutely nothing to Tara. I should've known.

Tara takes a glance at me, I walk away. Throughout the whole day Tara was the only one I thought about.

"He isn't here..."

When I go home Tara texts me.

Tara🙊💞

Tara🙊💞:
come over i wanna talk to u

I ignored her message, why would I talk to her after she lead me on. I mean I should have some self respect. Tara must've gotten the hint because she didn't text me again. Then Mindy texted me.

Mindy🫂

Mindy🫂: ambers helping for the party we're throwing because you know our birthday is today
basically im asking if u wanna come over early to help a bit 😭

Me:
ofc Mindy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mindy🫂:
thank uuuu 🤗🤗
read 3:58
______________________________________

Mindy lived a street down so I walked to her house. Her door was open as I saw Chad bring in the heavy stuff in.
"working on your own birthday. that's tuff." I smile at Chad.

"Whatever." He mumbles rolling his eyes.

"Happy birthdayyy."

Amber finds me and pulls me to where she's putting all the beer cans and bottles in the ice chests and freezer. "So did Tara say anything to you?"

"Yeah, she texted me asking me to come over to talk but I ignored it. I mean that was the right thing to do, right?"

"Uh...I guess, well maybe she'll talk to you at the party?" Amber says in a unsure voice.

"Maybe..."

Later on when the party started the twins went their separate ways. Chad was yelling like a football coach in the kitchen and Mindy was making out on the couch with Frances. I was with Amber and Liv, Wes and Tara weren't here yet. I doubt they would even show up, probably to busy making out.

I wanted to take my mind off Tara, I walked to the kitchen moving past Chad who's still yelling. I poured myself a shot, then another, and another, and another...

By the time I had decided to head back to Amber I could feel it hit me like a train, things looked hazy and my head was spinning. I walked to Amber stumbling over my own feet as she caught me.

"Looks like someone had to much to drink..." She rolls her eyes playfully at me holding me up.

I move my hands to her face and cup it. "Nuh uh."