My body jumped without thinking. Landing on the ceiling above my hospital bed. My eyes darted around the room, looking for any sign of them. Even small things like the Cross academy sash, specs of blood, hell I would have settled for a strand of hair.

But there was nothing. The room was clean, and the only thing that looked out of place was the dizzy and confused looking Recovery girl struggling to get back to her feet.

Could they have manipulated her? It was possible. But if that were the case she probably would have cut her wrist for me to drink from... or given me a blood bag.

"Whoa there, Sasaki." Her voice was still calm as she looked up at me. As if nothing had changed since the last time she spoke. "I don't know what you're so scared of. But you are safe here. No one is going to take you anywhere you don't want to go."

I wanted to just break a window and run down the side of the building. But what if they were outside waiting for me. Maybe Recovery Girl just doesn't view them as a threat? Kaname was annoyingly charming when he wanted to be.

"Are they still here?" I asked slowly, fixating on the small crack on her purple visor. Refusing to drop my guard.

"Who is 'they'?" Recovery Girl tilted her head up at me again. She looked so lost at my question, as if I was speaking utter nonsense. I know they're both powerful, but the school would have at least seen them on the security cameras wouldn't they? Or at the front gate? It's not like either of them could teleport.

"T-two men. One with dark brown hair, crimson eyes. The other with Reddish brown hair, one red and one blue eye." I said slowly, searching her expression for any trace of acknowledgment.

But there was none. The only emotion on her face was worry.

"Were these students?" She asked, seemingly puzzled.

"N-no they're not....... Well one looks student aged, but they don't go to this school."

"Well after the press were escorted off the school grounds the teachers did a whole sweep of the school for any intruders. That's when Aizawa found you. So these men who attacked you must have left before they were caught." She explained with a worried frown, earning a loud sigh of relief from me.

"But if you really did encounter intruders who managed to escape without detection, This might be a lot more serious than we thought." She mumbled to herself.

But I heard her clear as day. And she wasn't wrong, if two pure blood vampires were able to get on campus without detection. Then no one was safe. I came to this school because I figured it was the last place they would look for me. Plus Shinso kind of pushed the idea... But still. How did they find me so fast?

"Well how about, you come down from there and have a Lollipop." Recovery Girl offered with a warm smile. "And then we can get this all sorted out. Aizawa should be on his way down soon."

I didn't want to respond. If I stayed here I was just a sitting target. But was I really any better off anywhere else? Plus Recovery Girl seemed the same as she did after the entrance exam... Well her office smelled more like her, but that was probably because she's in here more now that the school year has started.

I dropped from my place on the ceiling back onto the hospital bed quietly. Quickly gathering the blankets around me to make a cocoon. Earning a sincere smile from the old woman.

"J-just don't let any other students in please." I said softly, as she handed me one of the red lollipops from her coat pocket.

"Lucky for you there was no combat training today so I don't think anyone is going to be coming in. So no need to worry about that." She hummed, before sticking one of the lollipops into her own mouth.

"Now you just enjoy that. I'll go get Aizawa."

"And Shinso!"

I didn't mean to shout, but the words came out before I even realized what I was saying.

"I-I mean if he's not busy in class... I just-" I stared down at my blankets. "I just really would like to see him. please"

"What's his name dear?" She asked sweetly.

"Hitoshi Shinso, Class 1-C." I said as clearly as possible before hiding back under my cocoon of blankets.

"I'll see what I can do."

And with that she left. Leaving me alone with my thoughts. And I couldn't help the tears that started to fall. I had nothing against crying, It was a healthy way to release emotions and to cope. But they felt waisted when I didn't have a solution or away to keep those manipulative bastards at bay.

I mean what could I even do to stop them? Run up a wall? They were stronger than me, faster, and probably had like a million years of experience when it came to cornering their enemy. Honestly maybe I should be surprised it took them this long to find me. And when I saw them I didn't even try to fight them, I just ran away.

"Will I always be so helpless?"

"If you start thinking like that you will be."

My attention snapped to the now open door of the infirmary. Where a sleep deprived Aizawa was now standing.

"Mr. Aizawa?"

"And me too! Your adorable rodent of a principle!"

-

Sorry Ive been away for so long! But I hope you enjoyed and Ill see you in the next chapter 😁.

-Red