Chapter V

After leaving the lions' dinner, Gorzan and Grumlo went back to their fruit house. As Gorzan sipped a glass of banana juice and Grumlo fixed the door, a familiar animal entered the house.

"Crominus? What do you want this time?" Gorzan said as Grumlo was ready to punch the crocodile.

"I really think you should reconsider your alliance. I know you used to be allied to the lions and they knew your favorite drink but you aren't anymore. The lion you were allied to is dead and now I think you should pick the better option. How about coming over to the swamp for a cup of crocodile tea?" Crominus said as he sat down next to Gorzan.

"Yeah, maybe you're right, the new king of lions did burn my back after all. Are you sure crocodile tea is something that you didn't just make up?" Gorzan replied as he poured a glass of banana juice down his back.

"Well, I guess we both have little knowledge about the other's drinks." Crominus said as he got up and signaled Gorzan to follow him.

Gorzan took a small sip of crocodile tea while Crominus and he stared at the swamp water.

"Good, isn't it? Made from local ingredients." Crominus said.

"Swamp water?" Gorzan said as he took another sip.

"Swamp water and persuader flowers." Crominus said as he poured his cup into the swamp water and got up from his chair.

Today was Chi day, and the lions waited outside the city with more guards than usual. Their vehicles was just out of sight, as they expected a battle to take place.

The first tribe to arrive were the gorillas, who asked for the crocodiles Chi as well, since they were allies anyway. The lions decided their help was worth it. Suddenly, just like the lions expected, crocodile claw rippers, the royal tank, helicrocter and speedorz all aproached from the forest. The gorilla ran away without another word.

The cannons on the city began firing immediately. The lions told their two allies they were expecting a battle and the eagles brought their interceptors. After the pulse cannons on the walls ran out of Chi, the lions could see just how many vehicles the crocodiles brought. Crocodiles, wolves, ravens, and even gorillas all brought at least most of their vehicles, if not all of them. While the lions had their tanks, speedorz, and eagle interceptors, they couldn't hold back the crocodiles, and the foot soldiers were forced to retreat to the inside of the city walls while the ground vehicles were all destroyed and the interceptors were chased away.

When the king of lions and his companion entered the walls the beaver leader ran up to them.

"Well, these are the upgrades, wood, rocks, mud, everything else, we had a pretty tight schedule so it may look messy, but we had to make time to make the Mega BeaverMobile 2.0. There are some log catapults inside the walls, some more beaver vehicles when the crocodiles break through, we built a nice sturdy dam on the river and we dug a few underground tunnels for an escape if we don't make it, however, they were made just a few minutes ago so it's probably best to not use them yet." the beaver said and ran away to help with more tunnels.

The two lions didn't have time to look at the walls as the crocodiles soon reached them. The claw rippers started ripping the fragile parts of the walls as the gorilla strikers punched the stone walls themselves. Chi raiders and the helicrocter attempted to enter the city by air, but they were stopped by the log launchers and interceptors.

Breaking holes in the walls took about an hour as the walls were covered in every material the beavers could find, and they were constantly under attack by either log launchers or interceptors since the two were able to defeat the ravens. The rhinos were also spotted in the crocodiles' army which meant there was nobody else to help the lions.

It took a few more minutes for several holes to form in the walls. While they were usually quickly filled with more things, it took only a few more minutes for the beavers to run out of extra materials and the crocodiles were finally able to enter the city. These holes, however, were just a way for the lions to inflict casualties on the crocodiles as they could just use the tanks that were inside the walls and the beaver vehicles to stop the attacks.

Expanding the holes was harder than making them as the vehicles that attempted this were all constantly shot at from the holes, but about an hour and a half into the battle the first real hole formed left of the gate to the city. While the vehicles would still be quickly destroyed by the interceptors, the foot soldiers could finally mass assault the walls and flood the city. While the remaining lion tanks, foot soldiers and beaver vehicles tried stopping them, they were severely outnumbered and had to retreat to the temple. The beaver leader ran up to Laval and Longtooth one final time.

"I believe this to be a good time to release the Mega BeaverMobile 2.0. Are you ready?" The beaver said as he took out a button.

"Yeah, sure." Laval said.

The beaver pressed the button as the crocodile, wolf, raven, rhino and gorilla foot soldiers made their way across the bridge. After a few seconds, a massive explosion was heard from the top floors of the lion temple, and out of the debris came the Mega BeaverMobile 2.0. The BeaverMobile was a massive half of the chi temple tall vehicle made almost entirely out of wood. The massive wood unit crashed down onto the bridge and ran over every single foot soldier in just a few seconds, then crashed into the gate, destroying it but losing speed, and finally fell down the stairs and crashed into the ground. In the meantime, every foot soldier that was inside the temple had to run outside as the temple came crashing down.

"What the fuck, beaver!? You didn't mention the beaver vehicle would destroy half of the city!" Laval said as he grabbed the beaver.

"Well, at least this is a good time to use the escape tunnels, should have been finished by now." the beaver said as it pointed to the entrance to the tunnels. Laval then tossed the beaver away. with the entire crocodile infantry destroyed, the lions and eagles finally had a chance to win the battle. Most of the crocodile vehicles were destroyed, only a few claw rippers, pack trackers, one striker and the helicrocter were left.

"Can you believe this is happening, Cragger? We were so close to victory, and yet they had a beavermobile." Crominus said. "Good thing we still have The Pledge of the Pack,  would be a shame if we lost it somehow." Cragger got an idea after Crominus said that.

Cragger kicked his father in the leg and snatched the Pledge, then pushed him off the crocter. He called for the wolves, and once all of them were looking at him, ripped the Pledge in half.