ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Start from the beginning

"Devi ma.. Devi ma.." I yelled. She turned around and glared me shutting my mouth.

She went to the small balcony and picked the dried clothes from there and walked back to the room slumping the clothes on the bed. She started folding it one by one. I slowly took one of the dress to fold but she snatched it from me.

"Devi.. Please ma.. Sorry ma... Inime sathyama kudikka maten.. Please please.. Pesu da.." I pleaded but she didn't budge.

My whole body felt feeble. Losing my ever favorite job didn't make me this upset but this woman infront of me not talking to me is making me feel powerless.

"Deviii ma..." I whispered moving closer to her. She pushed me away by my chest and kept the clothes inside the wardrobe before walking out of the bedroom without even sparing a glance.

I slumped on the bed holding my hair frustrated on the situation. It would have been better if she would have punched me across my face but this hurts. It aches like hell. My chest feels heavy. I rub my chest to ease the feeling  but it doesn't seem to help.

My phone rings. Its Rakesh again. I cut the call furiously. It rings again. Gritting my teeth and sighing heavily, I attended the call.

"Enna da?" I shouted at him.

"Macha yen da kathura?" Came his confused voice from the other end.

I composed myself breathing in and out to control my anger. Its no use to shout at him. Its my fault that I have overdrunk.

"Enna nu sollu" I said calmly.

"Macha catering service office varaiku ponum.. Nee konjo en kooda vaayen.. Avunga rend perum vera velaya poyirkanga" he said.

"Hmm seri" I said and cut the call.

I rubbed my face and got up. I should somehow convince her. Atleast by falling on her feet. But I will do that later. I changed to a pair of jeans and shirt. I stuffed my wallet into my pocket, put on my watch and grabbed my phone before moving downstairs. I looked for Sreedevi and found her working on the kitchen while the maid was wiping the kitchen counter. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Devi glanced at me and then averted her gaze back to the stove.

"Ummm Devi.. Naan konjo veliya poren.. Catering varaikum ponum.." I said and waited for her response but there wasn't any.

That maid akka looked between us while I sighed.

"Akka avara poyit vara sollunga ka" she said to the maid lady in a strict voice.

Maid looked at me and blinked her eyes not understanding what was going on while I sighed sadly. She is not even talking to me for formality.

"Sandaya?" That maid lady mouthed.

I nodded with a pout.

She chuckled silently shaking her head. It might be funny for her. But not at all for me. With a heavy heart, I walked out of the house to see Rakesh waiting for me on his bike. I stroded towards him angrily.

"Enna mapla.. Nethu ore mmm mmm thaan polaye?" He asked me mischievously with a wink.

I kicked his bike tyre furiously and he held the bike preventing it from falling down. "Yen da??"