Summer Bash Part 3

Johnny's POV:

It was dark when I woke up. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear someone. I didn't know who it was, so I didn't sit up, but I tried to look around as best as I could. I could hear breathing, so I looked towards my closet. That's when I saw it. A dark shadow was leaning against the wall. This time I did sit up. That's when the figure started to come at me. I wanted to scream, but I was frozen with fear. "Johnny?" I heard my name being called.

"Who is it? I have a heater," I lied.

"Man, you don't got no damn heater," I recognize the voice. Dally.

"Dal, what are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Two, Steve, Soda, and I lied to Darry about going to the bowling alley. We actually went to the Shepard party and got busted by the cops. Darry's pissed and told all of us to sleep here tonight," he explained. I could hear the worry in his voice. I know that Dally tries to act tough, but I can tell that he's scared. 

"Do ya wanna talk about what's got you so worked up?" I asked as I turned on my lamp. He shook his head no. "Alright. You should get some sleep though," I told him. He agreed, so I handed him a pillow and turned off the lamp.

Darry's POV:

"What am I going to do with these boys? Actually, I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to light their asses up. I'm so mad at them. They ignored my orders and lied to me," I thought. I grabbed a water from the fridge and got ready for bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I am much calmer. I'm still tried, but I no longer want to ring their necks. My alarm clock says that it's 9:30. Two is snoring and has drool running down the right side of his face. I'll give them all another hour before waking the beasts.

In the meantime, I made breakfast. I made waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I also chopped up some fruit. By the time that I made all of the food and set the table, it was 10:00. I walked into Soda and Pony's room. I walked over to Ponyboy and gently shook him until he was awake.

"What's goin-" he was about to ask, but I cut him off.

"Soda and Steve are still sleeping and I want them to stay that way. At least, for the next half hour," I told Pony. "You, on the other hand, need to get up now."

"I don't wanna," he said and rolled away from me. I don't want to start the day fighting Ponyboy, so I told him that he could sleep until I get the rest of the boys up.

I walked into Johnny's room to see him snuggled into Dally's chest. Guess everyone is going to sleep in this morning. 

At 10:30 I woke all of the boys up. I could tell that the older boys were tired and hungover, but they obeyed me and came out for breakfast. I laid out some aspirin to help with the headaches that I know they have. It was quiet this morning, not like our usual morning where everyone is hustling to go somewhere. None of the boys had to go somewhere, so they were all mine.

We cleaned up after breakfast and the gang got changed into their spare clothes that they keep at the house. "Johnny, Pony," I called. "How about you boys go to the pool for a few hours?" I asked and gave them some money to go to the public pool on our side of town. That should keep them away from the house so the rest of us can get down to business.

As soon as they left, I told the boys to go to the living room. I waited a few minutes to really think about what I was going to say when I got in there. After about five minutes, I went in.

Soda's POV:

Darry told me, Steve, Dally, and Two-bit, to go into the living room. I guess he wants to talk now. He didn't come in for a few minutes, which felt like an eternity, but came in and stood in front of us. He looked down at us and said, "I want each of you to tell me what happened. Step by step and give me every detail. Don't try to hide anything because I will know and it will be worse for your backsides later. Keith, you first."