22- 𝑩𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕

Start from the beginning

One more thing happened, since the accident, Penelope and Irene (Ijekiel's mother) got surprisingly close.

"I heard you were craving kimchi?" Irene smile and gave a small Tupperware to Jennette.

"How did you- woah is the kimchi!?" Jennette looked at her with sparkle in her eyes. Last few days, hospital food was so bland she was dying for some kimchi. But she got to know original Jennette hated kimchi so much that Penelope stopped making them at home.

"Yeah it's my secret recipe. I brought some specially for you" Irene winked at Jennette which made her laugh.

Irene being such a warm person made Jennette think, will she live longer this time. In the book she got sick due to depression after loosing her daughter then died just after one year. She hoped she'll live a better life this time.

"Thank you so much auntie. You are the best!" She said looking at the tupperware in her hand.

"It's nothing compere to what you did for us Jennette" Irene smiled and patted her head "i never got to thank you in person for saving Iris. Things could have gone so much worst if you-" she took a deep breath and looked into Jennette's eyes "Thank you. Really!"

"Ah no auntie I'm glad i was helpful... Honestly that moment i was so scared, i thought I'd do something wrong which'll cause more problems. Thank god nothing went wrong" Jeannette looked down "I actually wanted to meet Iris but- after hearing her crying i think it's better to not trigger her with anything related to that incident"

Irene smiled sadly and rubbed Jennette's shoulder "she's still scared but i don't think she remembers most of it. I'm sure she knows who saved her. Ah one more thing, don't be this reckless again" she looked at Jennette bandaged hand "it must have hurt a lot. Don't get hurt again okay and eat a lot now that you have your kimchi"

Jennette just smiled and nodded "thank you again for this!" she showed the kimchi box and bowed "then see you auntie! I think mom dad is waiting for me. Bye!"

Irene let out a small laugh looking at the teen happily skipped away after waving cutely. 'Such a lovely kid' she thought as she went to sit on the bench where Jennette was sitting few moments before. Suddenly she noticed something.

'this-' she looked at the iphone, picked it up and it lit up with a blonde kids smiling face. 'Wait this is Jennette's phone' she quickly looked behind but saw Jennette was already gone.

Looking at the phone she sighed and picked up her own phone before dialing a number.

.

.

Getting out of the lift Jennette looked around searching her parents 'where are they really!??'

She went to the reception area but they were not there. She sighed and decided to call her dad.

"Wait where is my phone!?"

She quickly patted the back of her right hand on the jacket pocket. The kimchi box on her hand was not helping at all.

"Arghh.. why didn't god gave humans 3 hands" she groaned looking at her injured hand then started to walk inside the lift again but stopped midway as someone grabbed her arm.

"Because he gave us.... a brain.... Which some of us- hahh... forger to use"

the white haired guy was holding her arm with one of his and other one which had her phone was on his knees, out of breath.

"Wha- why are you here..?"

Seeing him huffing with his head down she bend down a little bit and asked "are you... Okay?"

Ijekiel lift up his head with a frown then placed her phone on top of the tupperware she was holding, which almost caused if falling down.

"What the- wait my phone!" After saving both her phone and precious kimchi, Jennette frowned at Ijekiel like asking how did he get it.

"You- Wait let me sit first hahhh..." He went to the near by couch and plopped down.

Looking up at Jennette who was struggling with her phone and the tupperware, he endup shaking his head sighing. Lost his patients, got up, snatched the kimchi box form her hand "just put this damn thing on the TABLE oh my gosh!" Then plopped back down closing his eyes.

"Why are you so cranky wth.." She murmured while side eyeing him and dialed her dad.

"Cranky- me i just-" he sat up properly but got cut off as Jennette walked away talking on the phone.

After few second she came back which made him look at her again.

"Thank you but where did you find this?" She asked holding her phone up.

"I should be the one asking. Where did you left it and how did it endup on my mother's hand?" He tilted his head on the back rest made Jennette blinked away for a second. With his messy fluffy hair she can clearly see he just woke up.

'How can someone be so effortlessly pretty? ....So unfair'

"I- where did i- oh! Right.." She finally remembered how she sacrificed her phone for kimchi.

"I- Oh! right, what? Do you know how my mom made her half awake son run all the way here because she thinks lift going down then coming back up to the 13th floor will be too late" he closed his eyes and murmured "Am i Flash or something! i almost slipped and died twice..."

Jennette pressed her lips, sat beside him then grabbed the kimchi box and said "you want same kimchi?"

Opening his eyes he deadpan looked at her making her take away the box from his face and looked away.

Just before turning she felt a hand on her left cheek but immediately winced as it was pinching her cheek tightly "ah it hurts!"

"This is the 3rd time in 5 days. Fix your habit of leaving phone everywhere. Not everybody's gonna run for you. okay?" Ijekiel pinched her cheek little more making her slap his hand twice before letting go.

"Hey it's not my fault..." she got up holding her cheek. Seeing him raised his eyebrows she quickly put her phone on the back pocket, picked up the kimchi box "okay it is! Happy? Now bye!"

As walking away she felt someone grabbed her by her jacket form behind "Not that- this way... This way is the exit" Ijekiel sighed pointing at the door.

"Ah.. T-thank you" she slightly bowed before running away 'why did i shutter? So embarrassing!"

He just stand there looking at her back until it vanished 'how did she survive till now?' Looking at his hand he softly chuckled then walked towards the elevator stretching.

"Let's go sleep some moreee!!"

____________

A.N. sorry for not uploading for long.
i was kinda out of motivation but now I'm back.

hope you liked it!

( 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 6 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱 )

HAPPY READING ┏(^0^)┛

(𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍)