𝟬𝟭𝟮, when we were young

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I have an idea." Ten-year-old Eden had said, getting up from where she was, against a tree trunk, hidden by the leaves above them. John B watched every move she made as Eden took the phone she had in an old box in their house, and searched for a song. Price Tag by Jessie J, started playing and a sigh escaped the boy's lips.

She asked him to join her, hands in front of him, waiting for him to take them. He smirked before standing up, their hands together. John B approached her as Eden moved her head from side to side to the beat of the music, her braids playing down her back. John B, he contented himself with taking strange steps with his feet, making Eden laugh while she danced as if it were her last dance of her life. The lyrics on her lips mixed with the rain that landed on it, making them wet like her whole body. But she didn't care, not even for a second. The rain was like a way to forget about all the problems. They flew in the air and were going to be imprisoned in the drops of water.

"We don't care about the Kooks, John. It's us against the world. Nothing can stop us." She exclaimed, holding her friend firmly by the hands. John B nodded ( though he wasn't so sure ) and spun Eden around.

          Nothing could stop them at this precise moment. Only the music singing in their ears, and their bodies dancing in collision. Their steps became more synchronized as if they had repeated this moment all their lives. But no. It was only their chemistry that spoke for them.

__________________

WHEN THE BOAT FINALLY touched the harbor, Eden was the one who had to tap John B's face lightly, waking him up from his twenty minute nap after all the questions she had asked. A guy in Chinese was shouting incomprehensible stuff at them as they ran fast to get away from him. Their mingled laughter was one for a second, before Eden told him to move on faster. A little rain fell on them as they ran between people, apologizing for jostling them slightly. When they finally stopped, John B's hands landed on his hips while Eden took the yellow hood off her head.

"Oh. . . God. He was crazy, this guy." She commented suddenly, looking at her soaked clothes stuck to her. "Ah, we're disgusting. And we smell like shit right now."

John B questioned without further ado, "What? It's not that bad."

She breathed heavily, scratching her forehead. "We can't go into the archives like that. We're going to be kicked out quickly."

"What do you propose? That we steal clothes at 100 bucks?"

She shook her head, then pulled out a card from her pocket. "Shopping." A sigh from John B followed Eden's sentence, making her smile like a kid who has just convinced her parents to go shopping.

The more time progressed in the day, the more the sun began to open up to them. John B and Eden walked through the streets of Chapel Hill, looking at each store. She purposely stopped at plush stores, walking out with a turtle in her hands. John B rolled his eyes every time she saw a nice thing in a shop. After buying a cute green top, she specifically asked John B to hit her if she dared stop at another store unless it was for the clothes to go to the archives. Eden bit her lip when she saw the beautiful satin dress dragged in a shop, but John B came to her rescue, taking her by the wrist.

Until they find the right store. Eden stopped walking, attracting the attention of John B. "Nope. We don't stop here to buy you I don't know what."