𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆

𝐴 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

"Billie, dear you have a letter." My mother enters my room and places an envelope on my desk

"From whom?"

"I'm afraid it doesn't say honey."

"How strange. Thank you mother."

Confused but curious I open the letter and read over it carefully.

"Hello my dear Billie, I hope this letter finds you in good times. This is Zalia. I know it has been a bit since we last spoke and my deepest apologies for that. However I wanted to let you know that I will be returning very soon. The day I am writing this is the second week of January, and I will be returning the last week of the month. If you wish to see me, like I have been wishing to see you, then meet me in the passageways beneath the castle where we last saw each other."

A smile grows on my face as I read the name. At last I know she's alright, thank the gods. And she wants to see me, which is a good sign. I think anyways.

I contain my excitement and read on.

"I suspect there is something between us, a certain affection or endearment, as wrong as it may be, I still sense it. Even with our short time together, I have yet to stop thinking about you. So, I will be waiting in the passageway until dusk, if you have not shown by then then I will know that you don't feel the same things for me as I do towards you, and I will be on my way and I shall not bother you again."

I still hope to see you, my dearest Billie

Sincerely, Zalia Belfry"

I let out a breath of relief at the words on the paper, finally knowing that she feels it too. I hold the paper close to my chest, giggling with glee as I fall back onto my bed. I still had a few days to wait until the last week of the month, but I still couldn't wait and was dying to see her.

~

"Mother, I'm going for a walk." I say as I quickly gather my shawl throwing it over my shoulders and putting my hood up so no one really sees me sneaking off.

I walk into the woods and find the secret trap door disguised as leaves, making sure no one was around before opening it and climbing in.

"Billie?" I turn around

"Zalia?"

She smiles and leaps into my arms as I wrap mine around her as tight as I could without hurting the girl. "Billie!"

"Zalia!"

"Oh my gosh, how I've missed you!" She laughs

"I've missed you too. Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever missed anyone so much." I say, setting her back down onto her feet.

"You came."

"Of course I came. I couldn't just ignore what I felt for you. I don't think I'd be able to." I say taking her hands into mine.

"So you do feel it?"

"Oh, yes I do. I feel it with all my heart."

She let out a big big breath of relief.
"Oh thank the gods, I was so worried about what would happen if you didn't show."

"I'll always show up for you. My princess."

"Oh. My dearest Billie."

Even with everything out in the open, I still had one dying question. One I've had since I've read her letter.

"How?" I ask.

"How what?"

"How did you develop these feelings for me? I mean, I'm just a commoner I have little to nothing to offer you. What can I gave you that a prince can't?"

She sighs with a soft smile as her hand cups my face, stroking her thumb over my cheek.

"Oh, Billie, you sell yourself too short my darling. Why you can give me something no duke nor prince can. You can give me true love, and happiness. Why, those two things are worth more than weight is in gold."

"You really believe that?"

"I do." She nods.

"I see no line in the social classes. Rich, poor, royal, commoner. They mean nothing to me because in the end, we are all people. And we are all deserving of the same love and respect."

This girl is without a doubt the kindest girl I've ever known, even with her status. It doesn't even matter to her. I never would have thought someone like her could love or even tolerate someone like me.

"And this is why I love you Zalia."

"Oh, and I love you, Billie."

We shared a beautiful kiss, our first kiss of many I hoped. Her hands held my face and my arms were around her shoulders. She was was taller than I was but I still managed to dip her down just like one would at a ball which made her giggle.

"If we're going to do this I wanna do it right." I tell her.

I grab a piece of straw off the ground, using my minimal skills I quickly fashion a makeshift ring and get down on one knee, holding the little ring to her

"Princess Zalia of the Northern Kingdom, would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

"Yes of course I will."

We both smile and I slip the ring onto her finger, getting up to kiss her again.

"I know it's nothing like you would've gotten from a prince but--"

She shook her head and placed a finger to my lips. "No no. This is perfect. I love it, thank you Billie."

"There's still one thing we have to do: We have to figure out what to do now."

She thinks for a minute before speaking.

"I am going to go back to the castle and I will reason with my mother, she'll listen to me when I tell her how happy you make me. She's always been on my side no matter what."

"What about your father?"

"My mother will deal with him. Whatever happens, always remember that I am now your wife, whether it be binding or not." She tells me, her hand on my cheek.

Wow, I had a wife. Maybe not legally but I had a wife in all the ways that matter.

"Meet me back here tomorrow at noon, and I shall tell you everything."

"What if it doesn't go as we want? What if something happens to you?" I say worriedly.

"Whatever happens I will find my way back to you. I promise."

"Okay, good luck my love. And please be careful."

"I will, I love you Billie."

"And I love you Zalia."

We share another kiss and a tight tight hug before she leaves, following the passage way to the royal gardens.

"Please, please be okay."

༺༻