We will get him behind bars honey. I promise. 

I was going to say something however, the door opening and closing. A doctor that goes by the name of Odette walked to in front of the bed. Are you Miss. Violet Lodge? The mother of Odessa Cassidy? Dr. Odette asked me, I nodded my head at her. Yes madam, whats wrong with my Odessa? I asked her, Dr. Odette looked at me and I can tell it was something serious just by the look on her face 

I quickly grabbed Mias hand. Its something I do when Im afraid. Mia gave it a gentle squeeze. Okay mama Lodge so Odessa has a fractured leg but otherwise shes physically fine besides being in some pain. While running tests on her we found something concerning. Odessa could have something called whooping cough. Were not sure if its because you didnt get all the vaccines you needed during the pregnancy, or if someone in the household couldve had the whooping cough and it couldve been passed down to her before the car accident. We think she mightve started to get it up until because its increased. 

Im going to kill Dakota. 

Dr. Odette I took all the vaccines I needed during my pregnancy. I do not have custody of Odessa, her father does. He or someone else in the household mustve had the whooping cough. Odessa has a weak immune system and she gets sick easily. It mustve been passed down to her. Her father knows that too. I explained to Dr. Odette. Dr. Odette nodded his head understanding everything I just said to her. 

Okay, Miss. Odessa is on the 5th floor if you want to go see her. I nodded my head at Dr. Odette. Have you eaten yet, Miss. LaRue? Dr. Odette questioned Mia who shook her head. No. Not since 6 am this morning and I am hungry. Mia complained, I giggled at my best friend. Ill get a nurse to bring you something to eat, Miss. LaRue. Dr. Odette assured Mia who cheered and clapped her hands together. Yay! 

Dr. Odette chuckled. Ill get a nurse to bring you food. Miss. Lodge, do you want anything? A soda? Water? Something to eat? Dr. Odette turned to me. A soda and something to eat as well please and thank you. I reply, Dr. Odette nodded her head at me. Okay, a nurse will be here shortly. Dr. Odette then left the room leaving Mia and I alone for the time being. I let out a small yawn starting to get sleepy. 

Awww is the princess tired? 

Yes she is. She slept in the backseat all night. I yawned again, Im ready to take a nap. 

Are you gonna stay in New York for a bit or are you taking Odessa back after she gets released? Mia questioned me, I havent thought about that yet. Probably. I have to get back to Riverdale soon. I said, Mia let go of me to sit up more as she leaned against her pillows. Im gonna check on Odessa once Im done with you okay? 

Okay.

A moment later, a nurse came into the room with a tray of food. Here you go girls. Do you need anything else? The nurse asks Mia and I. We shook our heads no. No, we're fine thank you. Mia and I said at the same time and giggled because we spoke at once sounding like twins. The nurse brought the food over to us then we started to eat once she left. Once I had finished eating breakfast, I went up to the 5th floor to check on Odessa. 

My heart pounded as I walked up to where they had Odessa. 

While walking down the hallway, I felt my phone buzzing in my back pocket. I take it out of my purse reading the caller ID. Its a call from Sweet pea. I clicked on the phone icon and put the phone up to my ear as I went somewhere quiet to take the call. Sweet pea? 

Hey Brooke, AJ said you were in New York?

Of course she told him. Yeah, I came because my friend Mia and Odessa got into a car crash. I tell him. I was in an empty hallway. Are they okay? Sweet pea asked almost like he was worried. Uh, theyre both injured. Mia has a broken leg but shell recover. Odessa has a fractured leg and something called the whooping cough. I said to him, leaning against the wall. Oh shit, I hope your friend gets better and Odessa too. Are you gonna come back soon? We kinda miss you over here already. Sweet pea asked and I smiled at that. I miss you guys too. Im about to check on Odessa. Ill call you when Im out of the hospital. 

You better!

I will!

Good!

Bye Sweets.

Bye Brookes.

Sweet pea hung up the phone and I put my phone back into my back pocket. I went to go find my daughter. I walked up to the registered nurse asking what room Odessa would be in. Shes in room 364. The registered nurse said to me, I muttered a small thank you and rushed over to room 364. When I approached the room, I saw another nurse holding my daughter in her arms. I knocked on the door lightly to get the nurses attention. She turned and she smiled warmly at me. Are you the mother? 

I nodded my head frantically. Yes!

Miss. Odessa is such a good baby. The nurse beamed, I smiled walking into the room walking over to the nurse. Yeah. I agreed, shes grown so much since Ive seen her. How is she doing? I asked worriedly, Ive been so worried for Odessa since I left New York. Besides the whooping cough and the fractured leg shes doing good. The nurse reassured me and I sighed in relief. Odessa was soundly sleeping in the nurse's arms. You can hold her. I bet she misses her momma. The nurse says to me and she hands Odessa over to me. The second Odessa is in my arms, she opened her big, beautiful green eyes to look at me. 

Hi baby girl. I smiled at her, Odessa smiled widely at me making my heart melt. The nurse left the room leaving me alone with her. Hearing Odessa cooing made my heart burst with joy.

For the first time in a long time, I was actually happy.