Chapter 2

"Oh Anna, that's wonderful!" Bates exclaimed before hugging Anna tightly.
"You're going to be a wonderful father."
"And you'll be the perfect mother."
"By the way I want to continue work for awhile. And I don't want anyone to know yet."
"If you're going to continue working, you must let everyone know about your condition."
"Alright, I suppose that's the only way that you'll let me work," Anna told him as she sat down and started to knit again.
"I'm going to make some tea."
"I can make it for you."
"No, you should rest," Bates told her before heading to the kitchen. Bates was thrilled that they were finally going to be parents.
"Here you are. The socks that you're knitting are coming along nicely."
"Thank you. I could stay and knit these all night."
"Anna, you need your rest. And you'll have to take it easy while you work."
"I know. I couldn't ask for better care. You're so good to me. And I'm proud to call you the father of my children."
"Anna," Bates said as he sat beside her,"You brought light into my life. And now I can't imagine my life without you. And I'm so thrilled to be adding onto our family."

Bates stayed awake and watched Anna sleep peacefully. His excitement prevented him from getting any sleep. All he could do was imagine life with a child. Bates never imagined that he would ever be a father. When he was married to Vera, he never even considered the idea. Now he was excited about it.