You get in your car, you text Jonas and tell him you aren't well and you won't be coming in today. You drive to Sunderland. You visit your parents graves. You sit there for hours talking to them, wishing they were here for them to hug you and protect you from all of this.
You have been sitting there for a while when someone sits next to you.
Lucy: "hey sis"
Y/n: "lucy"
You instantly start crying and hug her.
Lucy: "I've got you, I've got you, it's okay"
Y/n: "how did you know I was here?"
Lucy: "Steph told me you'd be here"
Y/n: "she did?"
Lucy: "im going to kill Leah"
Y/n: "I just don't get what I did wrong"
Lucy: "you didn't do anything wrong okay?"
Y/n: "why did she run to someone else then?"
Lucy: "that's something only Leah can answer"
You keep crying.
Y/n: "I wish they were here"
Lucy: "me too"
You both sit there for a while. Talking and thinking. You don't want to drive home tonight knowing Leah will be there, in the flat that you share.
Lucy: "you know, we haven't sold the family home?"
Y/n: "no we haven't, I can't bring myself to talk about that"
Lucy: "let's stay there tonight"
Y/n: "really?"
Lucy: "yeah, be like when we were kids, watch movies and eat sweets in bed"
Y/n: "okay"
You smile weakly knowing lucy will always be there for you. You both head to your old house. Lucy has the keys in her pocket. She opens the door and you instantly feel like you are home. You look around, it's exactly how your mum left it. You look at all the family photos on the fireplace and on the walls. You look at the door frame where your heights are marked from every birthday. You keep looking around, you see the football net and old footballs in the garden, still up from when you were kids. You see your old bikes in the garage. You go up to your room and see that it's still not changed from when you moved out at 17. Red walls for Sunderland, the old toys stuffed in the wardrobe. You lay down on your bed. You look at the ceiling and see where you and lucy have drawn on it saying
lucy + y/n = sisters forever
You smile seeing so many memories that you completely forgot about. Lucy comes in and lies next to you.
Y/n: "I needed this"
Lucy: "me too"
You both stay in a comfortable silence for a while until your phone starts ringing.
Leah🤍 is calling.......
You ignore it.
You get a series of texts

Leah: I'm sorry, she was nobody, you are my everything.

Leah: I didn't love her, I love you, I want my life to be with you

Leah: baby please, how can I fix this?

Leah: I'm so so so sorry.

You read them, knowing she can see that you have read them.
You don't respond, you text Steph to tell her you are staying in Sunderland for tonight. Then you turn your phone off. 

You and lucy watch films and eat your body weight in sweets and popcorn. You needed the distraction from everything that happened in London with Leah.

The next morning you wake up in your childhood bed. You smile, the sheets smell just like your childhood. You go downstairs and see lucy making you breakfast.
Y/n: "morning"
Lucy: "morning, how are you?"
Y/n: "meh"
Lucy: "it's okay, you are going to be fine"
Y/n: "don't you have pre season?"
Lucy: "not till next week"
Y/n: "go and enjoy your break Luce, you deserve it after last season"
Lucy: "there's no where else mum and dad would want me to be but helping you okay?"
You smile, lucy puts your breakfast down in front of you.
Lucy: "what are you going to do about pre season?"
Y/n: "ask for a transfer"
Lucy: "y/n"
Y/n: "I can't see her everyday Luce"
Lucy: "where would you go?"
Y/n: "Manchester United submitted a bid for me a couple of days ago"
Lucy: "Man U?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Lucy: "are you sure?"
Y/n: "either there or Chelsea"
Lucy: "just don't rush the decision y/n, you have been so happy at arsenal"
Y/n: "because of Leah I can't be happy there anymore"
Lucy: "okay"
You eat your breakfast and call your agent. He says that the Manchester United offer is better than the Chelsea one. But that it's up to you.
You decide Manchester is the best place for you. You let Jonas know, you don't tell the team out of fear they are on Leah's side about the situation.
Over the next few days you are meeting with the Manchester United board agreeing the terms and the length of your contract. A 3 year deal, a big deal for you.

You sign the contract and make the announcement.

You are pictured in a Man U shirt signing the contract. The caption is:

I'm so excited for this next journey, Red Devils. Let's do this!❤️

Comments flood in from teammates saying they will miss you. A lot of fans are speculating that you and Leah have broken up which is why you have moved. You ignore these messages.

The next day you head to training. Ella, Mary and Alessia all welcome you and are happy you are playing with them now rather than against them.

Ella: "you alright mate? I heard what happened with Leah"
Y/n: "I'll be fine, I just couldn't play with her anymore"
Alessia: "the girls at arsenal aren't happy with her you know?"
Y/n: "really?"
Mary: "of course they aren't, but they are still her friends and teammates"
Y/n: "that's why I had to leave"
Alessia: "it's okay y/n, you are here with us now, we got you"
Y/n: "I know guys"
Mary: "you know we play arsenal for the first game right?"
Y/n: "yeah I know"
Mary: "good"
Marc: "TRAINING! NOW!"
Ella: "he's not in a good mood"
Alessia: "yeah better go before he shouts again"
Everyone runs out to training. You train really well, the best you have in ages in fact. Marc is really impressed.
You finish training and head home. You call Steph.
Steph: "hey, how was the first day?"
Y/n: "good yeah, I like it"
Steph: "I miss you mate, I wish you didn't go without saying bye"
Y/n: "I know, I'm sorry but I just couldn't face her"
Steph: "no it's okay, I get it, I'll see you in a couple weeks anyways"
Y/n: "can't wait"