Meet.

It's early morning. Daryl groaned as he woke up to the sound of his father's raised voice. Telling him to get the hell up, his father walked in. "Daryl!" His father yelled as he walked toward Daryl. "Get out of your bed!" His father continued yelling. "Just a moment dad." Daryl mumbled. His father slapped him across his face. "Don't call me dad." His father said in a mad tone, as he left the room. Daryl held his hand to his cheek and sighed. Every morning was the same. Wake up to his father's abuse, get dressed, and prepare for the day. It was the first day of school, and Daryl was just glad to get away from his abusive father.

Daryl quickly got on his clothes, not bothering to take the time to make sure he looked good. He packed his bag. Grabbed it and rushed out the door, leaving his father's screams behind. He got on his bicycle, and drove to school. He felt a sense of relief, not having to listen to his father screaming at him.

For the first time in a long time Daryl felt safe. He rushed to school, since he was about to be late. He wasn't very excited to meet new people either. But it was his only choice, to get away from his father.

As he arrived at school, his eyes searched around for bike racks to park his bicycle. As his eyes caught a few bike racks, he got off his bike and walked toward to bike racks. As he parked his bicycle, someone beside him parked their bicycle beside him. Daryl turned his head to the blue eyed guy standing in front of him. The guy stood up after locking his bicycle, and looked at Daryl. "Hello. Are you new here? I haven't seen you here before." The guy said and smiled slightly. Daryl felt shy, and kept quiet for a moment. "Uhm. Yeah i'm new here." Daryl replied nervously as he scratched his scalp. "Great. I'm Paul Rovia." Paul said and extended his hand to Daryl. "Daryl.. Daryl Dixon." Daryl mumbled and shook Paul's hand. "Which class are you starting in?" Paul asked and raised his chin. "Uhm. In- uhm. 9th B. class." Daryl replied nervously. "That's awesome, that' in my class." Paul said smiling as he tilted his head slightly.

"Let me show you where our classroom is." Paul said. Daryl stayed quiet. Daryl walked behind Paul as he was showing the way, and soon he was in the right place. Daryl thanked Paul for showing him where the classroom was. They went into the classroom. "Good morning. You must be Daryl. I'm Mr. Stewart. You can take a seat there." Mr. Stewart said, as he pointed at the seat in the back of the class. Daryl went to sit down, and noticed Paul is sitting next to him. For some reason that made Daryl smile slightly, knowing he was gonna sit next to him.

The bell rang and the class ended. Daryl sat down to pack his bag. As Daryl packed his bag with the books he got by the teacher, Paul laid his hand on his shoulder. Daryl got goosebumps oh the sudden hand on his shoulder, Daryl turned his head and looked up. It was Paul, he looked down at Daryl. "Wanna get together and walk down to the cafeteria?" Paul asked smiling. Daryl misunderstood. "Together..? Oh yeah sure." Daryl mumbled. "Alright, let's go." Paul replied happily.

They walked down together to the cafeteria. And sat down by the nearest table they saw. Paul brought out a lunch box, and placed it on the table. Paul glanced over at Daryl, seeing him without a lunch box. "Hey. Did you bring any lunch?" Paul asked curiously. "No.. i must have forgotten." Daryl replied as he looked at Paul. Daryl has never gotten any food with in school, so he was used to being hungry all day. "Did you bring any money? To buy from the cafeteria?" Paul asked as he opened his lunchbox. Daryl shook his head. Paul grabbed half of a sandwich from is lunch box, and offered it to Daryl. "Here take this." Paul said smiling at Daryl. Daryl smiled slightly. He grabbed the piece of sandwich, as he did that their hands touched. Daryl felt a tingly feeling run through his body, and quickly took back his hand.

The bell rings, school is over. Daryl sighed as he zipped up his bag. Knowing it's time to go home to his abusive father. Paul looked at Daryl as he packed his bag. And noticed the sadness on Daryl's face. "Hey Daryl. You okay?" Paul asked worried. Daryl shrugged, not wanting to talk about it. Paul zipped up his bag, and stepped toward Daryl. He leaned closer to Daryl. "You can talk to me. What's up?" Paul asked smiling slightly. Daryl sighed. "It's.. it's my father.. uhm." Daryl replied mumbling. Paul's expression softened. "Your father? What's with him? Does he hit you?" Paul asked as he laid his hand on Daryl's shoulder. "Yeah he-" Daryl replied as his phone hang. He pulled his phone out of his pocket. It was his father calling. He picked up. "Get home right now! And being me beer!" His father bursted out on the phone. Paul wasn't able to make out the words Daryl's father said. Daryl's father hung up. "Sorry, i have to go." Daryl said as he grabbed his bag and left.

-Still not sure if i should keep this story going.-